Who should attend
If you are a senior manager who communicates at all levels, and you want to improve the way you communicate, then this is the course for you. It will help you to increase your self-awareness and improve the impact and effectiveness of your communication in a most dynamic and thought-provoking way
About the course
Really understand how you impact others and learn how to do so in the most effective and positive way. Five days where theory meets practice to challenge and inspire!
The emphasis of this workshop is on you and how you communicate. During the five days, ‘what you do’ will be examined and practiced through a series of experiential learning activities. An open mind and an adventurous spirit are a necessity for everybody wishing to attend this exciting course - over 70% of the time is spent participating in challenging scenarios. You may well find yourself out of your comfort zone but you will leave the workshop with a Personal Action Plan identifying the key changes to make and skills to practice to build your self confidence and improve your communication techniques.
## Course Objectives
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand how important attitude is for successful communications.
- Understand the conditioning processes.
- Know and understand the different mentalities.
- Know how the different mentalities affect communication.
- Know your current attitude towards communication.
- Know how to shift/change your attitude.
- Know how to deal with negative attitudes.
- Know the ABC's of communication.
- Know how to develop rapport.
- Know the types of questions for effective communication.
- Understand the principle of the emotion
- Understand your strengths and weaknesses.
- Know what you need to do to become more effective with speaking skills.
- Know how to improve on your listening skills.
- Understand what generates obstacles to getting people to engage and cooperate with you.
- Understand how human belief systems cause you and others to adopt certain mindsets and behaviors in particular situations.
- Learn how to maneuvers your mindset and that of others towards achieving a positive result.
- Learn how to focus on and understand the messages being transmitted consciously and subconsciously from others so that you can use them to produce a beneficial result.
- Change the way others feel by using phraseology, the way you sound and your physical presence.
- Discover methods which will allow you to become flexible so that you can instantly access an array of strategies to deal with whatever the situation demands.
## Course Outline
Defining Effective Communication
Myths in Communication
Elements of Our Communication with Others
Identifying Approaches to Interpersonal Relationships
Characteristics of Effective Communicators
Communicating within Teams
The Art of Listening
The Personal Listening Profile
Identifying Listening Approaches
Active Listening Techniques
Effective Listening and Paraphrasing
The Use of Clarification Techniques
Understanding Others Filter Systems
Internal Representational Systems
Eliciting Meta Programs
Building Rapport with Others
The Heart of Effective Persuasive Communication
Using Questions as Probes
Definition of Assertiveness
the Power of Self Talk
Assertive Rights and Corresponding Responsibilities
Learning How to Say No
Feedback and Assertiveness
Ten Activities to Practice Assertive Behavior
Secret of Influencing
What Makes an Effective Influencer
Influencing through Rapport
Sources of Individual Power
Understanding Influencing Styles
A Recipe for Successful Influencing
Influencing Different Personalities
How Do You Communicate?
How do you want others to see you?
The Perception Divide – why it makes positive outcomes difficult for you
Belief Systems – the Predator/Prey model
Creating the Right Atmosphere
Increasing sensitivity to conscious and unconscious messages
‘What happens next?’ – compelling others to listen
Mental stimulus to create engagement
Face-to-face High Impact Communications
Eliciting and controlling emotional responses through words, sounds & physicality
Using psychological masks to change and control responses
Pulling the right triggers to move the communication to where you want it to go
Theory meets Practice
What impact do you generate? – the way others see it
Creating a ‘resonance’ with others to gain cooperation
Working with Others Confidently
Feedback - responding and encouraging accurate and fair feedback
Dealing constructively with negative or unresponsive people
Your personal ‘blue print’ for change
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.