Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Executives and senior managers (Director level and above) who wish to develop the influential, inspirational communication skills required of successful top-level leaders.
About the course
Delivered in partnership with The Humphrey Group Inc. exclusively for senior leaders, this program focuses on the strong links between leadership and communication at the highest organizational levels. Apply an inspirational leadership approach that will enable you to drive people to action every time you write or speak. Navigate the complex political environments that are today’s organizations, build effective networks, and nurture relationships that are important to your success.
- Communicate a compelling vision with maximum leadership impact
- Distill complex thinking into clear messages
- Cultivate the physical and vocal presence of an executive leader
- Answer questions confidently while furthering your leadership agenda
- Craft a strong and authentic leadership brand
- Identify and build relationships with key stakeholders
- Navigate complex power dynamics strategically
Online program format
Delivered over four weeks, the program includes:
- Four online sessions (1.5 hours each) facilitated live by an instructor from The Humphrey Group
- 60 minutes of 1-1 virtual coaching time with an instructor from The Humphrey Group
- Access to an online video for best practices on how to present powerfully and with conviction
- Leading at senior levels: identifying your deeply held convictions, shifting from an informational "expert" mindset to that of an influential leader
- Using The Leader’s Script®: articulating a core message that reflects your leadership thinking, structuring your thinking and closing with a call to action, using inspirational language, applying The Leader’s Script to unplanned and impromptu communications
- Achieving executive presence: using the right eye contact, vocal pace, expression, tone and body language, practicing challenging meeting situations
- Advancing relationships at senior levels: exploring political intelligence and power dynamics, being intentional when building relationships, enhancing your leadership brand to help you turn your ideas into action
- Mastering Q&As: techniques for handling a variety of Q&A situations
The program emphasizes hands-on skill development through a series of applied workshops. You will prepare and deliver a formal talk, role-play challenging Q&A situations, and practice building your leadership brand and relationships. You will be videotaped and receive extensive personal feedback and coaching.
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.