Who should attend
Executives and senior managers (Director level and above) who wish to develop the influential, inspirational communication skills required of successful top-level leaders.
About the course
Deliver inspiring messages with maximum leadership impact
In these incredibly challenging times, communication skills have never been more important for senior leaders.
Delivered in partnership with The Humphrey Group Inc., this program focuses on the strong links between leadership and communication at the highest organizational levels. Learn to articulate a compelling vision that drives people to action. Navigate conversations where political savvy is crucial, and build relationships at senior levels. Use communication to inspire others in daily interactions.
The interactive format facilitates social learning. You will have opportunities to network with your peers and to apply, test and receive feedback on the skills you are learning.
Online program format
Delivered over four weeks, the program includes:
- Four online sessions (1.5 hours each) facilitated live by an instructor from The Humphrey Group
- 60 minutes of 1-1 virtual coaching time with an instructor from The Humphrey Group
- Access to an online video for best practices on how to present powerfully and with conviction
Benefits for you
- Communicate an inspiring vision
- Distill complex thinking into clear messages
- Cultivate the presence of a senior leader
- Answer tough questions with clarity and confidence
- Articulate an authentic leadership brand
- Build relationships with key stakeholders
- Navigate complex power dynamics strategically
Session 1: Leading at Senior Levels
Self-directed activities: Bringing your vision to the organization
Real-time online session: The foundations of inspiration
- Articulating a clear vision, sharing your deeply held convictions, moving from an informational to an inspirational approach
Session 2: Using the Leader’s Script to Present Ideas
Pre-work module: The Leader’s Script
Real-time online session: Organizing and scripting your message
- Structuring your thinking, distilling complex information down to essential details, using precise and persuasive language
Session 3: Power, Influence and Relationships
Pre-work module: Advancing relationships at senior levels
Real-time online session: Practicing your elevator pitch
- Political intelligence and power dynamics, being strategic when building relationships, enhancing your leadership brand
In Between Sessions 3 & 4: One hour of individualized coaching with the program instructor
- Developing an executive gravitas
- Using your presence to inspire
Session 4: Mastering Q&As
Pre-work module: Best practices for Q&A
Real-time online session: Answering questions confidently while furthering your leadership agenda
- Creating an effective response: active listening, opening with a grabber, answering the question, bridging to your message, selling your point of view
This program will challenge you to apply the components of leadership to a variety of communications. You will prepare a talk, role-play challenging Q&A situations, and practice building your brand and relationships with intention.
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.