Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This seminar is appropriate for anyone interested in improving their effectiveness in the workplace by becoming a more persuasive and effective communicator.
About the course
Communicating...it is and has always been one of the most critical skills for managers and professionals. In this practical and engaging presentation, you will learn the new 6-Step IMPACT process to improve communication and achieve greater results, based on Patrick’s book “Communicating with IMPACT“. This dynamic program will help you to develop your communication skills -- listening as well as speaking, verbal as well as non-verbal and written. You will learn to capitalize on your strengths and minimize your weaknesses.
- Communication skills inventory
- Identify strengths and areas for improvement
- Intentional Communication
- Crafting a strategic intention statement
- Outcome thinking
- The power of why
- Non-linear outline technique
- Various methods to articulate your message
- Challenges of linear communication
- Impact of non-verbal communication
- Utilizing the 4 Personality Styles to build trust and deeper relationships
- How to adapt your communication to each style
- Dealing with difficult styles
- Influencing others through listening techniques
- 3 reasons employees are dissatisfied with their supervisors
- 7 ways to engage the receiver
- Throught/speech ration
- Selective Perceptive
- Five listening skills to check for understanding
- Two ways to summarize to reduce errors
- Two ways to transform words to actions to get greater results
- Power of positive reinforcement
Personal Action Plan
As a result of attending this program, participants will:
- Identify the 6 principals to Communicating with IMPACT
- Increase your understanding of the 4 communication styles to developing and sustaining powerful relationships
- Know how to actively listen to overcome communication barriers and connect with others
- Recognize the impact of non-verbal behavior on your message
- Learn techniques to check for understanding and increase performance
- Practice using the IMPACT process to change how you communicate both verbally and nonverbally in the workplace
- Develop an "Action Plan" to practice and implement newly learned skills on the job to improve communication skills
From the boardroom to the classroom, Patrick Donadio has guided two generations of leaders and their organizations with powerful keynotes, engaging presentations and one-on-one business communication coaching. A nationally recognized communication expert and author of Communicating with IMPACT”,...