Irish Management Institute
Communicating for Performance
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Irish Management Institute.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Most people believe that they can communicate, but can they communicate effectively? This programme will show you how to listen, provide feedback and to avoid the usual mistakes in communication.
Communicating For Performance is a three-day programme designed for managers who need to develop their one-to-one and one-to-many communication skills in the workplace.
- Learn to be an effective communicator who can absorb other people’s views and clearly communicate your own.
- Build the skill-set to be assertive when necessary and have the confidence and competence to communicate for greater performance.
- Understand the psychology of influencing techniques.
- Engage in activities and exercises where you can apply the theories you have learnt, including influencing, non-verbal communications and dealing with difficult situations.
- Develop the tools you need to answer tough questions on the spot and the ability to take ownership and responsibility to ultimately communicate better.
- Exploring and understanding your listening skills
- Giving and receiving effective feedback
- Seeking and providing clarity in your communications
- Understanding and challenging assumptions successfully
- Developing your influencing skills
- Understanding the science of body language and how to read/apply
- Developing your assertion skills
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Dealing with difficult people
- Dealing with difficult behaviours
Who should attend
Anyone who needs to develop their one-to-one and one-to-many communication skills in the workplace.