This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Businesses often recognize the challenge of getting people to change shortly after implementation has started. The new approach is expected to go in unopposed but when the welcome mat doesn't appear the project team scrambles to do some patch up communication - often with poor results. But despite this reality there is still a bias against investing in change management activities because they aren't seen as a prime objective for the project or program.
Managing people change is a critical skill in today's world of rapid and continuous change. This Change Management training course provides both the critical skills and a framework for the successful management of people change.
This change management training course will enable delegates to:
- Recognize the important role that people play in making business transformation successful.
- Discuss the fundamental challenges in getting people to change and for that change to be sustained.
- Understand and be able to apply the key steps required to successfully manage people change.
- Apply their knowledge to a project or program to effectively manage the change of people's behavior.
Introduction to Change
- How do people react to change?
- Why does change fail?
- Explore the impact and consequences of change.
What is Cultural Change?
- Understand how you can characterize a culture using a Cultural Web.
- Understand what is involved in changing the cultural paradigm.
- How do national cultures differ?
- Understand how cultural diversity can shape corporate cultures.
Preparing for Change
- Developing a Case for Change.
- Who are the stakeholders?
- Assessing concerns and potential resistance to change.
- Assessing the readiness for change.
- Establishing an appropriate governance structure.
Change Management Plan
- Defining the principles on which the change will be managed.
- Developing a change management plan.
- Change Agents.
- Developing a Communication strategy and plan.
- Aligning with the project or program plan.
- Creating a reinforcing change process.
Initiating and Sustaining Change
- Training programs.
- Managing the challenges that arise in initiating and sustaining change.
- Aligning the organization.
- Continuous improvement.
- The training and coaching program can be customized to meet specific client requirements
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
Change Management training course is designed for Business and IT executives, managers, project managers and team managers who will be involved in managing the transformation of people.