Leading and Managing Change
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
This course aims to provide an opportunity for participants to articulate and challenge their models of leadership and management in the context of organizational change, critically evaluate the current literature, theories and models of organizational change and leadership, assist participants in undertaking a diagnosis of their reactions to change and transition on both a personal and organizational level and the impact this has on how they lead and manage change, provide a starting point for participants to undertake a self-directed learning project in the area of leading and managing change, explain the relevance of a range of change management approaches and models to a variety of situations where appropriate, analyze and assess current situations in organizations, to determine whether change is required.
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the nature of change and how people change.
- Identify the critical competencies of change champions, change agents and human resource professionals.
- Use a number of models and strategies for leading and managing change and communicating it more effectively.
- Apply techniques to deal with resistance to change more comfortably.
- Implement a proven process to create major transformation in corporate culture.
Understanding, Planning and Managing Change
- The Nature of Change
- Types of Change
- Competencies of Change Agents
Models and Strategies for Managing and Leading Change
- Change Management Styles
- Lewin’s Force Field Analysis
- The Kotter Eight-Step Model
- Establishing a Sense of Urgency
- Creating the Guiding Coalition
- Developing a Change Vision
- Communicating the Vision
- Empowering Broad-Based Action
- Generating Short-Term Wins
- Consolidating Gains and Producing More Change
- Anchoring Change in the Company Culture
Understanding and Dealing with Resistance to Change
- Why People Resist Change
- Individual Factors
- Group Factors
- Organizational Tools
- How People Change
- Stages People Go through When Resisting Change
- The SARAH Model
- The Transition Stages
- A Nine Stage Model
- Kotter’s Approaches
- Dealing with Resistance to Change
- The Importance of Communicating Change
- How to Communicate Change Effectively Before, During and After the Change Process
Key Factors in Making Change Happen
- Types of Cultural Change
- Sustaining Change in the Corporate Culture
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
Change managers, business process improvement specialists, change management team members, coordinators of re-organization and mergers, implementers of organizational change, or anyone interested to learn how to manage change.