The Highly Productive and Effective Administrator
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
If you are a professional Administrator in business, government, service industries, education, or any sector of industry, you should consider this specially designed Administrative program. This course is designed to help you:
- Do your job better
- Gain additional knowledge and understanding about your current role
- Apply your new skills at work
- Maximize your personal development and equip you for promotion
- Progress to roles supervising and training others
By choosing to follow this course, you are showing your potential to look at your own performance, find the best way to work with your colleagues and take responsibility for improving performance in the workplace around you.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Define and understand the role of productivity and effectiveness in the success of the 21st century administrator.
- Develop self-leadership capabilities which will enable professional advancement.
- Enhance their thinking skills to facilitate turning problems into opportunities.
- Build excellent relationships with people at all levels.
- Organize and plan for the best performance and utilization of their time at the office.
Productivity and Effectiveness: Gateways to the 21st Century Administrator
- What Is Productivity?
- Efficiency versus Effectiveness: Differences and Practical Uses
- Optimizing Quality and Quantity of Production through Streamlining
- Signs of Inefficiencies at your Office
- Work-Breakdown Structures
- Self-Leadership as a Prerequisite for Leading Others
- Understanding what Makes you Tick: Personal Values
- Performing a Personal SWOT Analysis
- Building on your Talents
- Becoming More Proactive
The Thinking Administrator
- Using Different Thinking Techniques to Boost your Professionalism
- Using Creativity as a Business Tool
- Mental Blocks and Ways to Overcome Them
- Brainstorming your Best Options
- Solving Office Problems (and Turning them into Opportunities)
- Kaizen: Focusing on Continuous Improvements
- Learning Styles for Professional Development
The Power of your Attitude
- What is Attitude? Uses of Attitude
- Perceptions, Beliefs and their Effect on Attitude
- Going Beyond a Positive Attitude
- Making Things Happen: The Can-Do Attitude
- Using your Attitude for Professional Excellence
Developing your Work Relationships
- Building Rapport with your Manager, Colleagues and Clients
- Adapting to Different Working Styles
- Navigating through People Problems and Problem People
- Enhancing your Presentation/Self-Selling Skills
- Applying the Principles of Emotional Intelligence
- Best Practices for Delivering Positive Feedback
Organizing and Planning for Best Performance
- Setting Challenging Performance Goals
- Putting Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to Work
- Utilizing Planning Strategies/Forward Thinking
- Personal Action-Planning
- Developing a Filing/Document Management System
- Acquiring Stamina and Resistance to Stress
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
Administrators, office managers, personal assistants and any member of the general staff wishing to improve their personal skills and challenge themselves to excel in their mission at the office.