Best Understanding & Implementation of Modern HSE Management System
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
This course is designed for professionals that are responsible for implementing, improving, or integrating a health, safety and environment management system. This course prepares organizations to establish and/or maintain a management system that improves environmental and economic performance, reduces lost worker time due to accidents and illness, and meets increasingly stringent government regulations and customer requirements.
Delegates will examine in detail requirements in such internationally recognized standards for health, safety, and environmental management as ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001.
They will learn how to write the policies, procedures, and work instructions that make up an integrated HSE system. They will discover what records need to be maintained in order to demonstrate conformance to the requirements, how to establish an effective internal audit program, and how to prepare their organizations to pass third-party certification audits.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Understand the requirements of an HSE management system based upon ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001
- Implement in their own organizations an HSE management system that is as simple as possible and appropriate to the existing organizational culture
- Define measurable HSE objectives and targets for performance improvement
- Understand the “process approach to management” and how to communicate process and information flows through flowcharts
- Document a fully integrated HSE management system
- Prepare the organization for third-party certification audits
- Maintain the system and achieving continual improvement
### Day 1
Introduction to HSE Management Systems
- What are international management systems standards and where do they come from?
- Introduction to the International Organization for Standardization and the British Standards Institution
- Setting Direction: The role of an organization’s HSE policy
- Understanding HSE management system planning requirements
Operational Control, Checking and Corrective Action, and Management Review
- Continued interpretation of ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 requirements
- From understanding to implementation: The path forward
Documenting Processes: Inputs, Outputs, and Information Flows
- Creating flowcharts to ensure that an organization’s internal processes meet ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 requirements
- Examining flowcharts for business process improvement opportunities
- Using flowcharts to write effective management system documents
Auditing an HSE System
- Establishing a management system audit program using ISO 19011 as a guideline
- Scheduling and performing management systems audits
Fixing System Problems and Preparing for Third-Party Certification
- Investigating the root causes of nonconformities and taking effective corrective and/or preventive action
- Preparing the organization for a successful third-party certification audit
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
This course is designed for professionals who have responsibility for establishing and maintaining an organization’s management system. This may include quality, health and safety and environmental managers, environmental engineers, staff responsible for compliance with laws and regulations and human resource managers and staff involved in HSE management, in organizational improvement and performance evaluation.