This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Administration courses are designed to improve office skills. Administration training courses are designed for anybody that works within business. Administrative skills courses are suitable for any person looking to develop their business skills. Office skills courses are specifically designed to provide office training; this can be for anybody who works within a business or staff who primarily deals with administration.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Define the new roles of executive assistants and administrators.
- Use technology to get more done and to stay connected with the office and their boss.
- File, document, sort, index and retrieve corporate documents, records, and reports.
- Meet quality standards for servicing internal and external customers and appreciate the impact of office design on the overall performance.
- Have better command of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
New Roles For New Times
- Optimizing Communication and Influence
- Fostering a Professional Attitude
- Producing Results from Various Activities
- Use of Technology to Get Things Done
Mastering Data Management and Office Etiquette
- Data Management (Filing and Documenting Soft and Hard Copies)
- Indexing, Archiving, and Retrieving Data and Documents
- Basic Modern Office Etiquette
- What Not to Do In your Cubicle
- Telephone and Email Etiquette, Skills, and Courtesy
- Handling Office Finances and Petty Cash
- Fundamentals of Customer Service
Creating a Motivating and Productive Office Environment
- Understanding Office Design as Part of Enhancing Productivity
- The Art of Working (Tips and Basic Steps)
- Mastering the Art of Communicating with Employees for Better Results
- Dealing and Communicating with Different Cultures at Work
Advanced Communication Skills for Executive Assistants and Administrators
- Preparing Powerful Short Presentations
- Advanced Business Writing (Reports, Proposals, Faxes, Letters, Memos, Emails, etc
- Dealing with a Difficult Boss
Time and Project Management for Administrators
- Arrange for Meetings and Conferences
- Prepare Agendas and Minutes
- How to Prepare a Daily Calendar Aligned with the Company Calendar
- The Effective Use of MS Outlook to Manage your Time and Respect Other People’s Agendas
- Event Planning and Project Management
The Impact of Technology on the Administrator’s Roles and Tasks
- The Use of Smart Phones to Stay Connected and Liaise with Others
- Synchronizing your Smart Phone with your Computer for Updates
- The Use of Electronic Devices to Research, Be Informed and Report on Timely Basis
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
Executives, assistants and administrators who are interested in rejuvenating their practices and skills for better performance. The program offers a challenging opportunity to enhance interpersonal communication skills, people skills, and especially English business writing skills.