Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Seasoned sales managers who want to refine sales planning techniques, build leadership skills and become more powerful decision makers, motivators, communicators, coaches and counselors through advanced sales manager training.
About the course
This sales manager training helps you better handle the ups and downs in your business—and ensure your team's success!
In three days of advanced sales management training, you’ll get skills to keep pace with all the issues that are revolutionizing sales force management. It’s the sales manager training seminar to choose if you want to become a more effective manager—and advance further, faster, in your career. You'll discover the can't-fail techniques that have already benefited thousands of your colleagues. Here is advanced sales management training that will help you learn how to achieve peak performance in every area indispensable to sales management success.
How You Will Benefit
- Develop leadership and team-building skills
- Recruit and train a higher caliber of sales professional
- Improve your sales team's productivity
- Keep your team accomplishments in the spotlight
- Generate increased profits with fewer resources
- Understand the internal motivators of your sales force
- Become a more effective sales manager, communicator and decision maker by applying proven leadership principles
What You Will Cover
- The changing sales environment
- How to utilize a system for analyzing your sales planning
- The dimensions of effective sales management
- Understanding people: the basis for sales motivation and effective communication
- Organizing and structuring the sales force
- The attributes of standards of performance
- Coaching, counseling and performance appraisals
- The challenges of special personnel situations
- Creative decision-making and problem solving techniques
- The implications of sales compensation
Understand the Flow and Reasoning Behind the Contents of This Program
- Recognize That All Sales Managers Face Similar Challenges
- Begin to Establish a Support Network of Participants in the Sales Management Role from Diverse Industries and Environments
What’s Your Strategy?
Understand How the Role of Sales Management Has Evolved in Recent Years and How This Places Different Expectations on Those in the Job * Explain Why Situational Analysis Is the Critical Foundation for the Majority of Sales Management Activities * Compare Business Realities with the Customer Value-Set to Develop Preliminary Critical Objectives
Planning for Today and Tomorrow
- Prepare and Set Objectives for an Evolving Business Environment Through the Application of Trend-Analysis Tools
- Learn to Identify Required Resources to Achieve Your Objectives, and Assure Alignment with the Organization
Crafting the Professional Sales Force
- Understand How to Prepare and Set Standards of Performance for Team Members
- Recognize Effective Methods for Applying the Performance Standards to New Hires as Well as Existing Sales Personnel
Finding the Talent
- Identify the “Best Practices” for Hiring Productive Sales Professionals
- Recognize How to Protect Your Firm and Yourself from Future Legal and Ethical Challenges
Strengthening the Sales Team
- Understand the Importance of Linking the Sales Force to the Rest of the Organization Through the Use of Technology
- Develop Individualized Training Programs That Improve the Performance of Your Entire Sales Team
Compensation Programs That Drive Superior Performance
- Understand How to Design or Recommend a Total Compensation Plan That Drives the Sales Behavior That Will Lead to Goal Attainment
- Adjust and Modify the Plan to Make It Applicable to a Continuously Changing Business Environment
Measuring and Managing Performance
- Understand How to Evaluate Changes in Sales Territories and Determine Their Effect on Sales Performance
- Understand How to Use Basic Evaluation Tools for Forecasting Needs and Results
Coaching and Counseling
- Understand How to Coach Individual Sales Team Members to Achieve Higher Performance
- Recognize When There Is a Problem and How to Counsel (or Not Counsel) the Individual
Looking Toward the Future
- Understand How to Plan for the Future By Knowing What Each of Your Team Members Plan for Their Future
- Develop a Plan for Turnover and Succession
- Understand What Makes You a Leader and How You Can Leverage This for the Future
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.