Advanced Presentation Skills
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Fitch Learning.Full disclaimer.
With the pressures of working within the financial services, capturing and keeping your audience's attention is essential to success. This course will enhance your presentation skills by discovering new techniques to ensure your audience is captivated. Through practical exercises and by watching yourself present via camera, your presenting ability will improve as your confidence grows by mastering your unique style to deliver impressive presentations comfortably.
Whether you are presenting to educate and inform, influence or persuade, every move you make has an impact. Getting it right is a start but adding polish and impact will enable you to gain credibility, especially when under pressure from a potentially ambivalent, highly focused and knowledgeable audience.
Key Learning Outcomes:
- Structure and build compelling presentations
- Consistently deliver in an engaging manor
- Build instant rapport and get an audience on your side every time
- Understand how best to use your voice
- Make your mark and be remembered
Planning and Building
Build to engage
- Identify your purpose and desired outcome
- Understand your audience: who are they? What do they want?
- Apply the golden rules of cognitive capacity
- Understand the difference that makes the difference; structure your presentation to intrigue and delight
- Apply the language of success: incorporate the techniques of great orators to engage and inspire
- Make seemingly dry, factual information come to life through the power of stories and anecdotes
Deliver your message with impact
- Define your image, impact and presence
- Practice vocal techniques to enable you to project your voice with clarity
- Embed the 4P's in your presentation; power, pronunciation, pause and pace
- Learn how and when to use silence
Gaining emphasis; body language
- Learn how to use your body to convey your message
- Identify and embed hand gestures to boost your message
- Use the space without pacing the floor
Who should attend
You have some experience in presenting and want to refine your skills taking them to the next level. Whether you are an experienced analyst, associate or at Director level this course is for you if you are looking to really engage and motivate your audience.