Who should attend
Professionals who are concerned about improving their presentation styles. Whether you are a novice or consider yourself a good public speaker, you shall indeed take something back from this program. And anybody who wishes to develop his/her presentation skills further can benefit from this program.
About the course
Welcome to the Presentation Skills workshop. This program can benefit anyone who presents; a trainer, a meeting facilitator, speaker, or seminar discussion leader. No matter which role you are assuming, this workshop will help you become more efficient and proficient with the skills of providing information to others.
Professionals who are concerned about improving their presentation styles. Whether you are a novice or consider yourself a good public speaker, you shall indeed take something back from this program. And anybody who wishes to develop his/her presentation skills further can benefit from this program. Whether you are a novice or consider yourself an expert in presentations. You will indeed benefit from this program.
## Course Objectives
By the end of this workshop, you should be able to:
Present information, thoughts & ideas confidently and persuasively to an individual or to a group of listeners.
A realistic approach to business communication and presentations which enhances the participants’ control of the situation. This ensures that meeting and presentation objectives are clear and consistently met.
Greater flexibility to adapt to a broad range of roles, objectives and audience ensuring delivery of only relevant information that will achieve desired business objectives.
A well-structured, timesaving and confident approach to planning, organizing and delivering presentations.
## Course Outline
The program covers these key modules:
Communication – Definition & Components
- Key components of effective communication are discussed. As a result, participants consider communication in a new practical light and relate this to their presenting style.
- Participants present every day of the workshop and are videotaped. Other participants and the trainer critique each presentation, discussing strengths as well as areas to improve. Through this process participants become more aware of their own strengths and areas to improve and can measure their day-by-day improvement.
Structures will be given on how to organize ideas for presentations in a time saving
Informative and persuasiv
The charts enable busy executives to map out a presentation in minutes - while ensuring the presentation has an appropriate objective and will convince the listeners.
Planning a Tailored Presentation
- We discuss the difference between the features and benefits of particular products or services, and demonstrate how to develop a persuasive strategy that ensures the use of the right amount of the right kind of information needed to convince a particular decision maker. Participants gain an understanding of the power of the specifically tailored, persuasive message
Gestures & Movement
- Participants are made aware of the importance of movement, gestures and body language and the different moods and impressions they can create. This serves to enhance the individual’s confidence to present to different groups in a comfortable, natural and convincing manner.
Participants share how to integrate visual aids into an informative and persuasive presentation and how to avoid the common mistakes.
As a result, participants will be able to plan, create and use visual aids smoothly and professionally to assist the communication of key ideas.
Handling Rough Times
- Sometimes an audience can be hostile. Participants learn how to prepare for and handle such a situation in order to feel more comfortable and confident when dealing with hostile audiences.
- Every day of the workshop, participants will spend some time on confidence-building exercises: from eye contact, movement, gestures to voice modulation. This enhances awareness and increases comfort and confidence when standing before an audience
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.