Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Anyone who is participating in virtual interactions and needs to express and present ideas with confidence, skill, and savvy in the virtual space.
About the course
Presentations can be tough—but even if you’re fairly comfortable presenting in person, doing so virtually can present jarring challenges. You may find yourself dealing with camera shyness, the anxiety of speaking to an online group, wondering about the right vocal dynamics, longing for visual cues and immediate feedback, technical glitches, and much more.
This is the course that will help you take command. Learn how to present with impact and confidence through focused, expert-led practice. Discover how to effectively adapt your voice and body language, learn preferred ways to present slides, be able to moderate question-and-answer periods, and get strategies to engage your audience. You will practice presenting using Zoom technology and receive immediate feedback from your expert course leader and fellow participants. Come away from this 2-day program feeling confident and ready to present virtually—and with style and professionalism.
You’ll also receive an exclusive AMA certificate in recognition of your completion of this program
How You Will Benefit
- Speak, think, and message with greater precision
- Shape and organize your presentation effectively for an online environment
- Select the best virtual channel for your message and objectives
- Engage and hold the attention of your virtual audience
- Make optimal use of your voice and body language
- Overcome camera/microphone anxiety and related stress
- Manage virtual question-and-answer periods with confidence and savvy
What You Will Cover
- Assessing your vocal dynamics, choosing online presentation channels, and creating planning templates
- Effectively using slide decks, chat, microphones, cameras, and handouts
- Overcoming online speaking anxiety
- Presenting in the moment: Proven question-and-answer approaches
- Presentation #1: Practicing delivering an impactful and clear presentation
- Presentation #2: Delivering a 5-7-minute presentation and getting feedback
- Presentation #3: Revising and refining the 5-7-minute presentation with question-and-answer feedback
Outline - Live Online
- Speak, Think, And Message with Greater Precision by Focusing on Key Ideas and Clear Purpose.
- Shape and Organize Your Presentation to An Online Environment in Order to Inform and Influence Listeners and Get the Results You Desire
- Select the Appropriate Virtual Channel for The Most Effective Delivery of Your Message.
- Engage and Maintain the Attention of a Virtual Audience by Authentically Making the Most of Your Voice, Body Language, Online Production Environment, Online Platform, And Rhetorical Devices.
- Identify and Address the Factors Contributing to Camera/Microphone Anxiety and Negative Stress.
- Manage Virtual Question and Answer Periods in Either Audio or Chat Environment with Confidence and Savvy.
Rethinking Virtual 5 P’s Presentations
- Identify the Characteristics of Successful and Unsuccessful Virtual Presentation.
- Describe the Differences Between Face-To-Face and Online Presentations.
- Demonstrate Competencies to Perform Audience Analysis.
- Consider Technology Choices and Select Appropriate Online Strategy to Meet Achieve the Presentations Central Idea Statement
- Apply Organizational Patterns Used in Face-To-Face and Virtual Presentations.
- Apply Structure to Develop Balanced Presentations.
- Identify Use of The Appropriate Virtual Platform to Engage the Audience.
- Apply Dynamic Delivery Skills to Your Online Presentation.
- Adapt Language to The Audience and Occasion.
- Apply Methods to Reduce Presentation Anxiety.
Present and Process
- Project the Appropriate Image to Meet Expectations.
- Respond in a Focused and Controlled Fashion During Q&A.
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.