Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
You will have experience in a leadership role, leading teams, projects or organisations.
You may be at a point where the requirement to lead and influence people is becoming increasingly significant in determining your success.
This programme will be a catalyst for change. If you would like to reflect on your leadership effectiveness and take steps to develop further as a leader, this programme is for you.
About the course
Understand yourself as a leader and develop your personal leadership skills with the Leadership Programme at Henley Business School.
- Increase your self-confidence and effectiveness
- Learn how to succeed even when you are under pressure
- Understand your personal strengths as a leader and how to use them to deliver high performance
- Experiment with different leadership models
- Develop your plan to become your best leadership self
- Build on the insights from your profiling and 360-degree feedback
The Leadership Programme develops and refines your personal leadership skills, including your ability to handle difficult situations, influence others and build relationships. You will also learn how to increase your mental and physical capacity when working under pressure.
You will join the programme as part of a small but diverse group of peers, helping each other through shared experiences.
During the first five-day module, you will clarify the key challenges you want to address and the actions you want to take. This is followed by a significant period of application where you will implement and trial new approaches.
In Module 2 you will reconvene to review what you have learned and reflect on how best to stretch your learning and development goals further, after which the learning and development journey continues.
Know how and when to be operational, tactical and strategic
Set clear leadership goals to help you maximise your impact on others
Intensive 1:1 coaching to help you achieve your leadership goals
Work with peers from a variety of sectors to develop your leadership skills through shared experiences
Master a range of leadership tools and techniques
Revisit and reconsider your progress during Module 2
Develop effective, motivated leaders who understand how to deliver results for your organisation
Motivate your senior team by investing in their leadership development
Foster a culture of decisive and effective leaders able to confidently deal with pressure and change
The Leadership Programme is delivered through a careful blend of tutor inputs, group exercises, psychometric profiling, 360-degree feedback, personal reflection and one-to-one coaching. Throughout the programme the emphasis is on the practical application to your own situation and workplace.
The programme runs for a total of six and half days:
TLP: Module 1 (5 days residential)
Module 1 allows you to get to grips with your leadership style, critically review leadership models, and set leadership goals.
In this module, you will explore:
- Insights into yourself as a leader (and how you function in your current business context) through psychometric profiling and 360-degree feedback
- The practical implications of these insights for your day-to-day leadership approach (via a 1:1 coaching session)
- How current leadership models and thinking can be applied to your situation and leadership objectives
- How to test your learning with a leadership challenge exercise
- How to review your development and set goals
TLP: Module 2 (1.5 days)
Module 2 allows you to review and consolidate your learning, build on your existing goals and set new ones. It will include a catch-up dinner for participants in the evening of day one.
In this module, you will:
- Revisit your leadership lifestyle assessment or take part in additional 1:1 coaching
- Review your learning and immediate changes you have made in your current role
- Discuss any obstacles you have encountered
- Explore new insights and leadership theory
- Participate in group discussions and co-coaching
- Set stretch goals for continued professional development and impact
TLP: Post-Programme Activities
We strongly encourage you to stay active within the Henley Business School community after completing your leadership course by:
- Accessing resources from the virtual learning portal for up to 12 months
- Joining our alumni network
Suzanne is a visiting fellow at Henley Business School and her expertise lies in helping senior executives, and top teams, to reach their full potential through coaching and learning programmes/interventions. A strong emphasis is placed on achieving the highest level of personal performance to de...
Graham has a particular focus on leadership development and executive coaching and has been sharing his more than 30 years of global corporate experience with programme participants for the last 8 years. He previously held a variety of senior Human Resources executive roles as a member of busines...
Simon has operated at board level in major UK companies with a very significant international remit and has a career of over 35 years in business. Most recently he has been Global Human Resources Director, Jaguar Land Rover. Previously he held senior HR roles at Diageo, where he gained extensive ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.