Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
The Advanced Finance Program is for executives seeking to advance their careers and accelerate their development in the area of modern finance. Designed for executives with at least 10 years of professional experience in finance or a finance-related role within their organization who also meet the following criteria:
- Demonstrated career achievement within their organization
- Functional and cross-functional responsibilities
- Wish to significantly deepen their knowledge of finance for greater expertise and professional credibility
About the course
Taught by the same distinguished Wharton faculty who teach in our top-ranked MBA program, the Advanced Finance Program is for executives who need to master the necessary financial skills to remain at the leading edge of their professions. Expand your knowledge and deepen your expertise in the areas of corporate finance, investment strategies, private equity, mergers and acquisitions, and venture capital by taking a total of six open-enrollment finance programs within two years.
Upon completion of the Advanced Finance Program, you will be granted Wharton alumni status, becoming a part of our 96,000+ global alumni network, and gain access to resources that facilitate both personal and professional growth through lifelong learning opportunities.
Program Highlights & Benefits
Through the Advanced Finance Program, you will:
- Enjoy the flexibility of starting your learning journey in a timeframe that aligns with your professional goals and allows you to learn while you work
- Build a global network through the dynamic Wharton learning community in which you will be immersed
- Experience individual coaching and support from Wharton’s team of expert executive coaches
- Achieve Wharton alumni status
Experience & Impact
The Advanced Finance Program provides an exclusive, tailored learning journey that allows you to accelerate your learning development in a way that complements your current knowledge base and helps you meet your career goals. You will be taught by the same Wharton faculty who teach in our top-ranked MBA program. Also, the learning environment in many of our finance programs is further enriched by renowned industry leaders and experts who reveal best practices and share highly relevant experiences from the industry front lines.
The Advanced Finance Program consists of six open-enrollment finance programs and is designed to be completed within two years. Choose from the following programs:
- Assessing Commercial Real Estate Investments and Markets
- Corporate Valuation
- Investment Strategies and Portfolio Management
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Private Equity: Investing and Creating Value
- The CFO: Becoming a Strategic Partner
- Value Creation and Growth Through Innovative Corporate Finance
- Venture Capital
- Wharton Finance for Executives
Throughout your learning journey, you will experience highly personalized service from Wharton. From the application process and program selection, to executive coaching and one-on-one feedback, you will have world-renowned business experts to support and guide you.
Upon completion of the Advanced Finance Program, you will return to your organization with:
- Advanced financial acumen that will distinguish you professionally
- Strategic insight that will strengthen your financial leadership skills as well as enhance your professional value to your company
- A powerful network of peers and industry leaders from a variety of industries and business disciplines
Education PhD, University of California at Berkeley, 2001; MA, University of California at Berkeley, 2001; BA, University of California at San Diego, 1992 Academic Positions Held Wharton: 2004present. Previous appointments: Duke University, Fuqua School of Business; University of California at ...
Robert W. Holthausen is the Nomura Securities Company Professor of Accounting and Finance. Prior to coming to Wharton, he was a Professor of Accounting and Finance at the Graduate School of Business of the University of Chicago. He earned his doctorate at the University of Rochester where he also...
Itay is a Professor of Finance at the Wharton School. He is also the coordinator of the PhD program in Finance. He has been on Wharton’s faculty since 2004. He is an expert in the areas of corporate finance, financial institutions, and financial markets, focusing on financial fragility and crises...
Education PhD, Princeton University, 2000; B.S., Bogaziçi University, 1991 Academic Positions Held Wharton: 2009present; 19982008. Previous appointment: Stanford University Archishman Chakraborty, Simon Gervais, Bilge Yilmaz (2011), Security Design in Initial Public Offerings , Review of Finance...
Videos and materials
Read more about Digital Transformation
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.