Business Essentials for Executives
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Wharton School of Business.Full disclaimer.
For executives who have moved into general management or taken on greater leadership responsibility in their current role, Business Essentials for Executives program will help develop the skills needed to make key business decisions with confidence and position their company for long-term success.
Core curriculum covers traditional management disciplines with an emphasis on analytical rigor, including marketing, operations, accounting, finance, strategy, negotiations, and leadership. This essential knowledge is particularly beneficial for executives with a non-business background and those who have extensive experience within one functional area.
The six-day program also integrates this knowledge into an organization-wide perspective that will improve decisions and empower you to inspire and drive real change in your organization.
Program Highlights & Benefits
In Business Essentials for Executives, you will:
- Identify your personal negotiating style and learn how to adapt it
- Gain business acumen to interpret financial statements and use them for decision-making
- Gain insight into how to assess current and future strategic initiatives
Experience & Impact
Business Essentials for Executives focuses on the core concepts that drive every business in every industry using a mix of interactive lectures, case studies, simulations, self-assessments, and group discussions. Drawing on the expertise of Wharton’s world-renowned faculty and its 20+ research centers, such as the Wharton Center for Leadership and Change Management, it will help you influence and interact more effectively across your organization. You will improve your ability to make cross-functional decisions that benefit you, your team, and your organization.
With a focus on immediate applicability, you will begin to address key challenges using the tools and methods taught in the program. In addition, you will become part of a powerful learning community comprised of a diverse group of fellow participants; their wide range of industries, backgrounds, experiences, and geographies provide a rich source of insights and networking.
This program will give you insight into:
- Leadership and decision-making
- Talent management
- Managing across organizational boundaries
- Personal negotiating styles and how to adapt them
- Customer decision-making and how to position your product or service
- The importance of building and sustaining operational excellence
- How to assess current and future strategic initiatives
- Interpreting financial statements and using them for decision-making
Who should attend
Participants in Business Essentials for Executives may include:
- Executives seeking to develop wider general management skills outside their traditional area of expertise
- Managers and technical leaders who have been promoted to a role with significant responsibility
- Executives who build and lead multi-functional teams
- HR professionals who need to build on their business acumen and develop an enterprise mindset
- Managers of family-run businesses
- Entrepreneurs who need to extend their core business knowledge