Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Office Administrators
- Administrative staff
- Executive Secretaries
- Personal Assistants
About the course
This course is designed to increase the skills of Senior Support personnel across a range of disciplines. This training identifies and examines the key components of the role and within each element builds up a range of approaches and techniques for operating an efficient office or support team. These elements include interpersonal, communication, organizational and time management competencies.
As can be seen from the training outline below, the event is broken down by the day to broadly reflect the key components of the role. However, as you will discover when you attend the event, such skills and techniques will be required in a blended and integrated way as you meet the challenges of your workplace. Throughout the event, you will practice communication, organizational and planning skills on an ongoing and linked basis as you would within your normal working environment.
In attending this training, Delegates will be able to:
- Identify the key components within the job role of the Office Manager/ Executive Assistant / PA
- Practice the techniques and skills demonstrated on the event
- Discuss experiences with fellow Delegates and learn possible techniques for advancement of such skills in Facilitator – led discussions
- Build an approach that suits their own individual style and workplace ## Course Outline The Office Manager / Executive Assistant role: an Overview
- Identifying common issues and challenges
- Setting Personal objectives
- What makes you indispensable?
- Proactive versus passive Support Setting and Meeting Objectives
- Planning skills
- Project management approaches for support staff
- Managing time
- Strategies for managing change
- Identifying and dealing with Pressure Points
- Implementing Action Plans Resource and Team Management
- Allocating human resource to tasks and projects
- Monitoring performance – team and self
- Team Appraisals and Reviews
- Embedding a new team member effectively
- Managing team issues
- Coaching techniques
- Disciplinary issues
- Prioritization approaches and techniques Communications
- Improving communications within an existing team
- Oral and listening skills
- Reporting to Management
- Negotiation skills and techniques
- Managing difficult people
- Comparison of telephone / face to face / written communications, their effectiveness and suitability for different situations
- Can you say “No”? The Working Day
- Practicing a “typical day” simulated scenario incorporating issues and techniques from the week
- Identifying an approach and style that suits you as an individual
- Reporting to Management – presentation and negotiation techniques
Personal Action Plan
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
(30%) Based on Case Studies
(30%) Role Play
Pre-test and Post-test
Variety of Learning Methods
Case Studies and Self Questionaires
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.