Who should attend
Students from all educational backgrounds welcome. You can register for this course without applying and enrolling in a program.
About the course
In an economy driven by continuous innovation and change, creating a capable, motivated and resilient workforce is an important part of every supervisor’s role. This workshop will introduce participants to development and management processes to recruit and retain a skilled workforce. Topics include strategies for hiring experience workers, building workforce capacity through skill development and strength recognition, and preparing for the future.
Course at a glance
- In-class, face-to-face delivery.
- Hands-on course based on active student participation; class dynamics include group work, classroom discussions, and short lectures.
- Aimed at professionals in supervisory roles who wish to upgrade their skills and aspiring leaders ready to invest in their career prospects.
What you will learn
By the end of this course, you should be able to:
Conduct a recruitment interview from start to end.
List steps to a successful onboarding experience for a new employee.
Understand ways to develop employee skills and learn how to retain employees.
Identify key components of a learning and development plan.
Describe different approaches to coaching people depending on their situation.
Identify key steps in creating a succession plan.
Identify reasons to focus on strengths to grow an employee’s potential.
- All course resources and learning materials are provided in-class.
- This is an attendance-basis, non-graded course.
- Learning activities are completed exclusively in class (no pre- or post-course work required).
David has been an associate with Performance Group since 2011. He is an accomplished program and project manager with key strengths in organizational alignment, operations and performance planning and management and quality improvement. He has extensive experience with core services reviews, orga...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.