Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Leaders and managers who are looking to increase the effectiveness of their teams and organisations
- Leaders and managers who are looking to increase their own key capabilities in talent, performance management. development and change management
About the course
In a working environment increasingly characterised by rapid change and uncertainty and an ever-strengthening imperative for higher performance, leaders and managers know they have to get the best from their employees and the best from themselves in order to develop an effective workplace.
This programme looks at how leaders and managers can increase the effectiveness of their team and their organisation through enhancing the attraction, motivation, development and retention of their employees. We look at the approaches, mechanisms and practices that increase performance and commitment and build alignment with the strategic objectives of the organisation.
We draw on latest research from leading organisations showing both current practice and innovative approaches to provide insights into how to increase organisational and team effectiveness.
- The first day focuses on how organisations can align people to the strategic imperatives and build a sense of commitment to them.
- The second day looks at the latest advances in motivation research and performance management to see how leaders and managers can take their employees to a new level in terms of their behaviours and outputs.
- The third day looks at the varieties of diversity, including age, gender, cultural and generational differences, to see how harnessing these differences can add to organisational effectiveness. In the concluding part of the programme, there will be an effectiveness clinic and finish with highly practical takeaways for your own organisation.
- Aligning people and strategy
- Talent attraction, nurturing and retention
- Individual development and performance management
- Organisational development and change management
You'll learn from outstanding faculty and associates of Cambridge Judge Business School and gain a truly international experience from your global peer group.
In this fast-paced and practical two day programme you will:
- Acquire and develop new people management capabilities and confidence
- Gain practical concepts and frameworks to align your employees to your core objectives
- Translate frameworks into day-to-day business responsibilities
- Understand more about your own role as a leader
- Develop personal action plans to utilise your new skills and achieve desired behaviours within your team
- Receive advice on the issues you are facing through our open forum workshop
- Historic Cambridge College dinner
- Membership of Cambridge Judge Business School's Centre for International Human Resource Management.
This programme counts as one course for those completing the Cambridge Judge Business School General Management Certificate of Achievement. On completing the GMCA you will be eligible to become an associate member of Cambridge Judge Business School's global network of graduates and business-focused University of Cambridge alumni, faculty and staff.
Philip developed the Global Human Resource Research Alliance, a research group involving 30 companies worldwide - American Express, BAE Systems, BT, EDF, GE, General Mills, IBM, IKEA, Infosys, Matsushita, Oracle, Procter and Gamble, Rolls-Royce, SANYO, Sealed Air, Shell, Siemens, TCL, TNT, and Un...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.