Who should attend
- Professionals in Human Resources, Personnel, Organizational Development or related areas
- Those who are responsible for directly managing staff or determining or influencing policy
- Supervisors and team leaders who would also benefit from a thorough understanding of the subject
- Those who manage, supervise or have an organizational interest in HRM and want to examine modern practice
- Training and Development professionals who need to be up to date and wish to attend a valuable program.
About the course
This course will be delivering competency training to provide HR Executives and Professionals with the skills and expertise needed to design, develop and implement a competency-based program for their organization.
The program explains the concepts and practices you can use to address current challenges in attracting, retaining and developing your talent. The modules incorporate progressively challenging topics and become increasingly advanced towards completion.
- Define the linkages between organization excellence and effective people management.
- Identify, keep, develop and promote the best people.
- Coach, train and develop super keepers.
- Integrate compensation with talent management so that they can retain their top people.
- Realize the role of information technology in supporting a talent management system.
- Demonstrate understanding of the basics of career development and succession planning.
- Distinguish succession planning and management from replacement planning, talent management, and human capital management.
- Compare traditional and career planning-oriented HR focus.
- Explain employee and employer career development roles.
- Examine innovative corporate career development initiatives.
- Close the developmental gap by operating and evaluating a succession planning and management program.
- Prepare individual development plans and manage career choices.
Introduction to Competency-based Management
- Be able to use and describe the concepts and elements of competencies and competency frameworks
- Know about best practices and benefits of competencies
- Know and understand how competencies can be used to support talent management
- Be able to make an informed decision about how to implement or enhance an integrated competency-based management approach in their organization
Competency Profiling / Modeling:
- Define a competency architecture for your organization, and develop competency profiles using various methodologies (i.e. be able to facilitate competency profiling and validation focus groups).
- Develop a framework for using competencies to support integrated Talent Management
- Develop a comprehensive approach and work-plan for developing competency profiles
Learning and Assessment
- Understand the Competency-based learning cycle including its benefits to the organization
- Learn how to use competencies to conduct results based assessments for the purposes of learning needs and gaps analysis
- Be able to use a competency-based approach to develop learning plans and/or learning matrices to maximize the value of learning initiatives
- Know how to assess the value of learning by leveraging results based competency assessment methods.
Introduction to Managing Talent
- Program objectives and introductions
- Introduction to Talent Management
- Definition of “Talent”
- Why is there a talent shortage and how serious is it
- Allocating to Talent Groups for effective management
- Creating a Talent Management Plan
- Organizational Change and the challenges presented
- What needs to change – exercise
- Getting in shape with the right strategy –practical exercise
Selecting and Recruiting Talent
- Good people are so much more effective
- Case study
- Determining future ability
- A new look at advertising methods and e-recruitment
- Becoming “the employer of choice”
- Practice - exercise
- The use Psychometrics
- The need for occupational testing
- How personality profiles help in recruitment and development
- Understanding the impact of Emotional Intelligence
- The Use Assessment and Development Centers
- Designing an Assessment Centre for Talent Recruitment
Highly Effective Talent Interviewing
- The need to upgrade interviewing and other selection methods
- Supporting DVD - practical exercises
- Past behavior as the best predictor of future behavior
- Competency based behavioral interviewing techniques
- Who should interview
- Cutting through the “gloss”
- What’s different when interviewing talent
- The Golden Rule and it’s challenges
- After the interview - on boarding the talented applicant
Development and Succession Planning
- How much development is needed?
- Conducting a Talent Assessment
- Developing talent - external and internal
- Projects and Assignments, more than just training programs
- Identifying competency development opportunities
- Prioritizing succession planning for greater efficiency
- Need for development at all organizational levels
- Investment and ROI for development
- Pay and rewards for the talent pipe line - key for retention
Retaining Talented People
- Why do talented people wish to leave
- The early indicators of dissatisfaction
- motivation principles
- The attitude of “Jobs for Life” in the modern world
- Understanding Employee Loyalty - is it still valid?
- Managing talent from pre-employment to separation
- Talent retention strategies
- Defending against a volatile labor market - they want your talent
- Revisiting the resignation process
- Review of whole program.
- Developing personal development plans
- Issue Certificates
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Read more about Human Capital Management
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.