Federal Workforce Planning
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Management Concepts.Full disclaimer.
An organization’s success depends on the quality and performance of their employees. To drive organizational success and develop a high-performing workforce, agencies use workforce planning to shape employee recruitment and placement, development, and compensation. But how is workforce planning applied to manage the current and future needs of a workforce? You will learn how to align your organization’s strategic and workforce plans, identify gaps, and inform succession planning using industry best practices, including OPM’s Strategic Workforce Planning Model.
- Describe the components of effective workforce planning
- Assess and analyze an organization to identify gaps in workforce needs
- Develop a workforce plan that incorporates talent management strategies and associated metrics
- Implement and evaluate a workforce plan
Introduction to Workforce Planning
- Defining Workforce Planning
- Workforce Planning Models
Conducting an Assessment and Analysis for a Workforce Plan
- Assessing an Organization for Workforce Planning
- Conducting the Analysis for Workforce Planning
Building a Workforce Plan
- Talent Management
- Developing the Workforce Plan
Implementing and Monitoring a Workforce Plan
- Implementing the Workforce Plan
- Monitoring the Workforce Plan
Who should attend
This course serves as a foundational course for anyone interested in learning more about workforce planning. It is relevant for individuals such as Workforce Planners, HR Generalists, HR Business Partners, Analysts, and Operational Managers who need to perform strategic workforce planning activities or support operational workforce planning.