Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This course is intended for engineers, supervisors and technicians with simple or no experience at machinery maintenance or inspection and those who wish to be familiar with machinery vibration analysis.
About the course
Vibration signature is the most valuable information about machinery to monitor its condition. The course begins with the various techniques of machinery maintenance including Condition-based maintenance (CBM) to show the need of vibration analysis as a tool for machinery maintenance. Then, the course gives a presentation of basic principles of vibration. Basic principles are then extended to study practical vibration problems that are encountered in industry and their possible solution.
## Course Objectives
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Review the different strategies of maintenance
- Describe the importance of vibration as a maintenance tool
- Explain the basic concepts of vibration as a tool of maintenance
- List the types of vibration meters
- Discuss the types of vibration measurements
- Diagnose and analyze machinery problems related to vibration
### Day 1
- Overview of Maintenance Strategies
- Comparison of Maintenance Strategies
- Predictive Maintenance Advantages and disadvantages
Condition-Based Maintenance “CBM”
- CBM Techniques
- Oil analysis
- Wear particle analysis
- Motor current signature
- Setting up a CBM Program
### Day 2
Vibration Basic Concepts
- What is Vibration?
- Vibration signals
- Relationships of displacement, velocity and acceleration
Using a vibration severity chart and trend analysis *Vibration Analysis Techniques
What is Vibration Analysis?
Time wave form Analysis
Vibration Analysis Steps
Analysis of Vibration data
### Day 3
- Vibration Sensors
- Vibration parameters
- Vibration Transducers
- Displacement Transducers
- Velocity Transducers
### Day 4
- Vibration Measuring System
- Vibration Transducers
- Baseline Data
- Transducer mounting
- Vibration Data Collection
- Time and Frequency Analysis
- Orbit and Phase Analysis
- Resonance and Critical Speed Testing
### Day 5
VIBRATION FAULT ANALYSIS
- General Analysis Procedure
- Mechanical Looseness
- Bearing problems
- Gear problems
- Electrically Induced Vibration
- Oil Whirl
- Case histories
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.