Machinery Vibration & Condition Monitoring
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
The unexpected breakdown of rotating machinery is the single largest cause of emergency breakdowns in all types of industry. Vibration surveillance to detect problems and analysis of the vibration signals to identify proven tools to eliminate this downtime. This course will explain the physical basis for vibration and analysis through identification of discreet frequencies and will also provide problem –solving and monitoring – life machinery problems.
- Clarifies why most anti-friction bearings fail prematurely and how these failures can be eliminated, will also equip employees to uncover root machinery problems at an early stage.
- Reduce spare parts inventory and overall maintenance costs.
Activities during course
- Calculation of machinery component frequencies
- Vibration analysis exercises
- Machinery troubleshooting exercises
Day 1 Vibration Measurement and Engineering Limits
- The history of Vibration Measurement
- Vibration Terms and Units of Measurement
- Emergency Vs Preventive Vs Predictive Maintenance
- Interpretation of Vibration Readings
- Terminology and Definitions
Day 2 Monitoring & Troubleshooting
- Predictive performance-based Condition Monitoring
- Requirements for an Effective Diagnostic System
- Aerothermal analysis
- Combustion analysis
- Vibration Analysis
- Implementation of a Condition Monitoring System.
- Machine health monitoring and troubleshooting.
Day 3 The Characteristics of Vibration
- How much? What? and Where?
- The Mathematics of Vibration
- What the Characteristics tell us
- Displacement, Velocity, Acceleration
- Time waveform
- Amplitude Vs Frequency
- Phase Analysis and Mode shape determination
Day 4 Controlling Normal Vibration
- Conditions do exist where a machine –major noise source-low levels of vibration.
- Controlling Radiated Noise
- Controlling Structure Borne Vibration
- Vibration Frequencies and the likely causes
- Vibration Identification Chart
- Vibration due to Insufficient Shrink Fit
- Vibration due to Compound Problems
- Vibration due to Misalignment
Day 5 Machinery Monitoring
- Hand-held instruments for Machinery Monitoring
- The Data Trap Including The Data Base
- Integrated Plant Condition Monitoring Systems
- Aspects of Machine Protection Shutdown Systems