Who should attend
Sales consultants, business owners, managers, call center personnel
About the course
This workshop will show you how the telephone can supplement, enhance, and sometimes replace other means of marketing and selling, and how this personal approach can dramatically increase your sales success. We will also talk about how to hone your communication skills, your ability to persuade, and techniques to personalize each sales call.
## Course Objectives
Specific learning objectives include developing the ability to:
- Build trust and respect with customers and colleagues.
- Warm up your sales approach to improve success with cold calling.
- Identify ways to make a positive impression.
- Identify negotiation strategies that will make you a stronger seller.
- Create a script to maximize your efficiency on the phone.
- Learn what to say and what to ask to create interest, handle objections, and close the sal
## Course Outline
You will spend the first part of the day getting to know participants and discussing what will take place during the workshop. Students will also have an opportunity to identify their personal learning objectives.
- To start the day, participants will discuss the answers to their pre-assignment.
- This session will explore the components of a good sales voice and how participants can sound their best on the telephone. Participants will also think about what customers hear when they place a phone call to their organization, and how they can create a service image.
To Serve and Delight
- In this session, participants will look at other facets of language and how we can be better salespeople by choosing positive language.
Exceptional Things about Selling by Phone
- This session will help participants put a different spin on selling by phone. Topics will include maintaining a positive outlook, building rapport, and remembering names.
- Next, participants will discuss ways to build trust and respect.
It's More Than Just a Phase
- A good understanding of the phases of negotiation is a great asset to a sales professional. This session will explore the phases of negotiation and introduce participants to some of the most common types of negotiation.
- During this session, participants will work on their listening and questioning skills.
Developing Your Script
- Now that participants have some fundamental tools, they will develop a script that can be used for any sales call.
- We do not believe in a canned call, but we do believe in a planned call. This session will highlight the important steps in call planning.
Phone Tag and Call Backs
- Next, participants will discuss some ways to make the most of voice mail.
- During this session, participants will identify ways to avoid missed opportunities by tracking their calls and following up.
Closing the Sale
- This final session will give participants some ways to ask for and close the sale.
Videos and materials
Read more about Negotiations
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.