Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Hyper Island.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Become a more effective group member and leader Understanding Group and Leaders (UGL) provides training in how a group develops and matures over time, what happens in the group during the course of this development and what promotes or inhibits constructive development. Within UGL, this is referred to as group dynamics.
UGL also deals with the problems and possibilities of leadership related to the development of the group’s maturity, and which style of leadership will promote both task solving and group development.
This course has been used as a basic leadership training within the Swedish armed forces for more than 20 years. In recent years it has also become popular and widespread outside the Swedish Total Defence Establishment.
What you'll learn
Learning occurs through the experience of situations, reflecting, group dynamics, and understanding your own role in them. You will learn about the following:
- Experiencing an experiential (experience based) learning model
- Increasing insight into your own personality
- Being able to identify and handle conflict
- Being able to communicate in a direct and clear way
- Being able to give and receive effective feedback
- Being able to recognize different phases of a group’s development
- Understanding that there is a need for different leadership styles
- Increasing self-confidence and self-insight