Understanding Group and Leader
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Hyper Island.Full disclaimer.
Become a more effective group member and leader Understanding Group and Leaders (UGL) provides training in how a group develops and matures over time, what happens in the group during the course of this development and what promotes or inhibits constructive development. Within UGL, this is referred to as group dynamics.
UGL also deals with the problems and possibilities of leadership related to the development of the group’s maturity, and which style of leadership will promote both task solving and group development.
This course has been used as a basic leadership training within the Swedish armed forces for more than 20 years. In recent years it has also become popular and widespread outside the Swedish Total Defence Establishment.
What you'll learn
Learning occurs through the experience of situations, reflecting, group dynamics, and understanding your own role in them. You will learn about the following:
- Experiencing an experiential (experience based) learning model
- Increasing insight into your own personality
- Being able to identify and handle conflict
- Being able to communicate in a direct and clear way
- Being able to give and receive effective feedback
- Being able to recognize different phases of a group’s development
- Understanding that there is a need for different leadership styles
- Increasing self-confidence and self-insight
Understanding Leadership and Being a Leader in a Digital World
What are the prerequisites of true digital leadership? Module 4 departs from the classical tools of change management and explores the new role that corporate executives have to take in the digital world. Which kind of organizational structures suits best for new digital business models? How can we reach the best outcome of products and services? Which kind of collaboration has the most positive effect on productivity and desired outcome? Which kind of leadership do we need to set the right guardrails for our teams? Leading organizations and implementing organizational change in the digital age requires vision, flexibility and empathy. During this module, participants will be challenged in group discussions and caselets, and they have to sketch a personal action plan.
INCREASE YOUR DIGITAL LEADERSHIP IMPACT LEARNING
- Misleading experiences and biased leadership
- Disruptive technologies
- Digital strategies and business models
- Agile decision making
- Leading Millennials
- Leading virtual teams
WHAT YOU LEARN?
Understanding Leadership and Being a Leader in a Digital World provides managers with methods and measures that help them respond to the urgent necessity of being able to lead their businesses within increasingly digitalised markets. Module thereby places a special focus on leadership skills that are crucial for leading people in a digital environment. The program also encourages participants to become drivers of change in their companies by developing new mindsets and behaviours within teams and departments. Through experiential learning and by tapping into new didactical approaches (e.g., gamification and prototyping), Understanding Leadership and Being a Leader in a Digital World helps participants understand not only the “what” of digitalisation but also the “how” of becoming an excellent leader for a truly digitalised future. Module covers the understanding, adaption, and immediate application of newly gained knowledge in a state-of-the-art approach. Participants will be guided through a learning journey that is rich in new business perspectives and impactful leadership approaches.
- Being able to design an appropriate organizational structure.
- Building up teams for efficient collaboration.
- Create an understanding how technology changes role of each function in the organization.
- Tools and techniques for change adaptation – Tech it Game! as an example…
- Building a personal digital agenda.
Day 1 – (ESMT): Understanding leadership in a digital world: Leading organizational ; developing an organizational towards digital literacy; attributes of entrepreneurial leaders and communalities with traditional business leaders; how to frame the business context to adopt a more entrepreneurial process; how to build and lead high-performance teams to foster innovation
Day 2 – (41North) – Being a leader in a digital world: Communication techniques and tools for implementing organizational change; creation of a personal action plan
- The new role of managers in a digital world
- Introduction to the model of ambidextrous organizations
- Building and leading high-performance teams
- Communication tactics for adaptive change
- Being able to design an appropriate organizational structure
- Building up teams for efficient collaboration
- Tools and techniques for change communication
HOW YOU LEARN?
We have designed an experience-based program for managers from senior level to top. As a result, program in partnership ESMT Berlin, relies on methods specifically chosen for this group, including interactive sessions, creative workshops, and serious learning games.
Leading organisations and implementing organisational change in the digital age requires both vision and empathy. During this module, participants will be challenged in group discussions and caselets and they have to sketch a personal action plan.
- Interactive lectures
- Short exercises and role plays
- Group work and peer consultation
- Action plan
Who should attend
This module is specifically designed for managers from senior level to top that would lead, motivate and enable their teams in increasingly complex environments and would like to have their buy-in for necessary change processes within their companies.
REPRESENTATIVE JOB TITLES OF FORMER PARTICIPANTS INCLUDE;
- CEO/General Manager,
- Director Loan & Deposit Products,
- Factory Manager,
- Head of Business Unit,
- Head of Controlling,
- Head of Finance Optimization,
- Head of Team HR Strategy &
- Mission Statement Partner,
- Program Manager Digital Transformation,
- Regional Compliance Officer,
- Senior Director,
- Senior Manager,
- Vice President