This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Many managers are concerned about how to best carry out appraisals and to link this to development plans and future training.
This performance appraisals training course will identify the benefits of appraisal, the key skills required and how to assess its effectiveness.
This appraisals course is designed for individuals who carry out staff appraisals, and are looking to build their confidence and effectiveness in this essential skill.
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Confidently recruit the right person for your vacancy.
- Understand the importance of getting it right.
- Use the most effective recruitment options.
- Spec out the job description to make sure you know what your ideal candidate looks like.
- Know the steps to plan and prepare for an interview.
- Think from an organizational perspective and project your company in the best possible light.
- Maintain your focus on the interview's primary objectives.
- Make effective decisions about each candidate.
The Importance of Staff Performance Appraisal:
- Defining aims, purpose, objectives in order to improve performance
- Developing an Effective Appraisal System
- Frequency of appraisal, supported by one-to-ones and informal review
- Action plans and development plans
- Approaching appraisals with confidence
- Getting balanced and honest feedback on performance
- Effective Planning for the Appraisal
- Gathering the information you need: drafting an appraisal plan
The Performance Appraisal Interview:
- Establishing open and honest communications
- Questioning and listening skills
- Planning and conducting a structured, balanced and participative discussion
- Review of current compared to previous performance
Managing the Performance
- Providing evidence
- Dealing with conflict
- Addressing issues of poor performance
Setting SMART objectives
- Adopting an Assertive and Confident Appraisal Technique
- Interpersonal skills within the appraisal interview
- Inspiring confidence in the appraisal
- Overcoming resistance and handling unco-operative individuals
- Completing the appraisal document
- Using positive and action promoting language
- The Follow-up Process
- Identifying areas of concern
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
This is an essential introductory course for anyone involved in and new to the recruitment and selection process or those with experience wanting to brush up their skills.