Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
HR for Non HR Managers training course will benefit first time managers, supervisors, team leaders, sales managers, HR professionals, project managers, change managers, new managers, who understand the need to know more about critical HR issues, also for staff looking to progress into a management position.
About the course
HR for Non HR Managers training course deals with the HR issues that many managers and supervisors are expected to deal with as part of their jobs. It introduces human resource concepts and covers the key areas of performance reviews, discipline and termination as well as related concepts like absenteeism, diversity and benefits.
By the end of this seminar, delegates will be able to:
- Discover where the responsibilities of their organizations HR function
- Master current best practices for conducting interviews and making “best hire” decisions
- Understand their role and responsibilities when facing a tangle of employment rulings
- Learn the mandated requirements for record keeping as well as records security
- Know how to identify and stop “innocent” workplace practices that could expose their organization to lawsuits
- Understand how to handle requests for medical accommodation disability and leaves of absence
- Have the insight to professionally deal with personal issues that affect staff
- Identify how to avoid legal pitfalls and costs by having an up-to-date awareness of employment law
## Course Outline
Defining Human Resources
- The Basics of HR Management
Interviewing And Selecting The Right People
- Finding Candidates – Sources of Job Applicants
- Effective recruitment
- Effective interviewing skills
- The Training Cycle
- Internal and External Training
- Key Legislation – Employee Rights
- Contracts and Handbooks
- Discipline and Grievance – 3 Steps
- Equality and Diversity
- Data Protection
- Fair Pay
- Family Friendly Policies
Effective Absence Management
- Identifying what is authorized and unauthorized absence
- Latest legislation and its effect e.g. Parental leave, domestic leave, maternity leave, etc.
Termination of Employment
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.