Who should attend
Delegates should have several years of experience and be comfortable with the requirements of their role and have the sense that they can take on greater responsibilities now or soon. This, in particular, applies to:
- Ambitious PA’s and Secretaries who are confident in their current position
- Those who wish to be more proactive, grow in their position and take on more management responsibility
- PA’s and Secretaries who wish to increase their portfolio of skills and competences
- Senior Administrators who wish to improve their effectiveness or promotional prospects
About the course
Are you a super capable and conscientious Senior Secretary but still find yourself struggling to keep up with the multiple demands on your time, talents, and energy that the rapidly changing work environment and world climate is putting on you?
As a Senior Secretary, you hold a crucial position of influence and a powerful partnership with the senior management team. You have a direct role in the success of administrative operations. You already understand well the role and the pressures of management and are a vital team member whose performance and results have no doubt already gained you respect from your superiors and the executive team.
However, in this brave new world, you will need a whole new level of confidence, competence and creativity to find quick and effective solutions for the challenges in managing your tasks, time, and professional relationships.
This OXFORD online training programme is especially designed for Senior Secretaries that focuses on developing your skills to a whole new level.
We know that your success in the workplace lies in your ability to manage your role, responsibilities, relationships, and resources. Therefore you will gain the knowledge, skills and confidence to step in the role of Senior Secretary with a whole new level of awareness of the value of your position, the scope of your responsibilities, the subtle skills of communication and how to manage your task and time with the mindset of a professional manager yourself.
This OXFORD online course will focus attention on:
- Increasing your self -confidence, through self -awareness, self-mastery and self-respect.
- Managing the stress and pressure of an increasingly challenging environment
- Building a constructive relationship with all levels of the staff through assertiveness, excellent communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Learning the skills and technologies to navigate the increasingly virtual workplace
- Managing your time and tasks with a manager mindset
- Making faster and better decisions under pressure
- Thinking creativity and solving problems
- Best practices for working managers with different personalities and workstyles
This online training course will utilize a variety of proven online learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension, retention of the information presented. The training course is conducted Online via an Advanced Virtual Learning Platform in the comfort of any location of your choice.
- Managing your workload, so that not only can you complete your tasks, but you can initiate long term self and office improvement projects
- Organise your thinking, so that you can handle multiple tasks, multiple bosses and multiple projects without getting overwhelmed
- Surviving and thriving in a virtual work environment – tips and technologies
- Communicating clearly and confidently with staff on all levels
- Identifying personalities types, strengths, weaknesses and best strategies for getting along and getting work done
- Emotional Intelligence – Handling your own and others egos and emotions at work
- Tools and techniques to make logical and intuitive decisions under pressure
- Thinking outside the box – Creativity and Problem Solving
- Handling stress and pressure through self-awareness, self-control and self-confidence
Oxford e-Certificate will be awarded for delegates who successfully completed the online training course
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.