Project Management for Administrative Professionals
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
Is there an advantage to learning project management for administrative professionals? Yes!
If you’re looking to take on the added pressure and challenges associated with projects, the techniques of project management for administrative professionals will give you the confidence you need to get the job done. Whether you’re an administrative assistant, secretary, executive secretary or another member of the administrative support staff, now you can get the skills that spell project management success—scheduling, budgeting and planning. Learn how project management for administrative professionals will help you take a project from conception to completion.
- Plan, Organize and Control Projects of Any Size, Using Proven Project Management Techniques of Successful Project Management
- Focus on Results and Meet All Project Objectives and Timetables
- Organize and Track All Project Resources to Maximize Productivity
- Report Progress of Plans to the Satisfaction of Management
- Solve Problems As They Arise and Anticipate Problems Using Simple and Effective Problem-Solving Tools
- Manage Them While Juggling Multiple Projects and Ongoing Daily Responsibilities
- Learn to Use Influence and Clear Communication to Get Cooperation and Coordinate the Work of People Who Do Not Report to You
- Deal with Complexity and Conflicting Demands on Your Time and Talent
- Gain Confidence and Increase Your Responsibly By Validating Your Experience and Skills
Defining project management
- Planning and controlling projects
- Meeting project objectives
- Solving project problems
- Managing time and priorities
- Learning from each project
- Coordinating work done by others
- Improving communication skills
What Is Project Management?
- Understand the Definition of " Project"
- Create Problem Statements
- Understand the Difference between a Project and Ongoing Work
- Be Aware of the Variety of Projects Administrative Professionals Are Asked to Complete
- Understand the Roles and Responsibilities of a Project Manager
- Understand the Basic Project Life Cycle
How Do We Manage Projects?
- Plan and Control Projects
- Meet Project Objectives
- Organize and Track Resources
- Use Basic Project Management Tools
How Do We Work with Others Successfully?
- Use Influence without Authority
- Recognize and Use Different Communication Styles
- Use Active Assertive Communication
- Communicate Effectively Across Organizational Boundaries
- Organize Effective Project Team Meetings
How Do We Meet Project Challenges?
- Solve Project Problems Effectively
- Avoid Disasters
- Learn from Every Project
How Do We Apply Project Management Knowledge and Plan For the Future?
- Apply Your Learning to New Projects
- Plan Your Progress More Effectively
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
Executive secretaries and assistants, administrative assistants and administrative support personnel, office managers, sales assistants and any administrative professional who is responsible for projects.