Legal Secretary Course
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
This course will tell you about what legal skills are vital for making yourself more valuable to the company or firm you are currently working for.
The field of law for a secretary is one of the best positions to have in the world of office work. A good legal secretary will, quite frankly, never be out of work.
This course is designed both for those who are already in the field and want to hone their skills and for those who wish to enter the field but are not sure where to start or what aspects of legal secretarial work are important.
This course is intended to allow secretaries with a background other than law or contracts to better understand the processes and issues involved, and therefore improve their overall legal & contractual skills in the secretary work.
In order to stand out above the rest and achieve your goal it is necessary for you to have the legal skills and abilities that employers are looking for. The Legal Secretaries course will help you to become a qualified and professional Legal Secretary.
In the program you will learn how to:
- Explore the legal concepts why we use contracts, and how they can be developed according to law.
- Examine different contracting structures & letter writing.
- Review business letters & reports.
- Explore & know Legal Documents and Terms.
The Core Competencies
- Legal terminology.
- Legal process; jurisdiction and venue.
- Written communications including letters & reports.
- The Arab, English Legal Systems.
- The Law of Contract.
Participants attending this course will
- Understand the law definitions and interpretations.
- Recognize the impact of different legal systems on legal documents.
- Achieve the confidence and skills to properly understand legal documents, letters & reports.
- Understand the meaning and application of important legal terminology.
- Understand the elements of tort law and contract law.
- Why we use contracts
- How contracts are formed
- Legal requirements for a valid contract
- Oral contracts
- Incorporating other documents by reference
- Authority to contract
- Different Types Contracts in law
- Negotiation agreement
- How to end a contract in a legal way.
- England at the level of the floor, a group of words, phrase, sentence, the relationship between the sentences.
- Common law system VS Civil law system.
- Communicate through writing.
- Organization of the legal document.
- The terms defined.
- Choice of words (official words, technical words, words borrowed)
- Must, may, may not be prohibited, the right, required.
- Artificial legal language.
- Redundancy (terms of marital and triple).
- Legislative syntax (sentence wisdom and phrases restrictive sense).
- Business and Technical English Writing.
- Comparison between E-mail and Voice Mail.
- Elements of the legal basis.
- Building Paragraphs.
- Writing templates.
- Problems with prepositions.
- Translating legal documents from Arabic into English and vice versa.
- Legal Terminology and phrases.
- To what extent can you vary the source text?
- how to use the common archaic legal adverbials (e.g. hereto, hereof, thereof, heretofore)
- Company law.
- Different types of companies.
- Letters & reports.
- Copyright law.
Who should attend
This course is designed not only for those who are already in the field and want to hone their skills but also for those who wish to enter the field but are not sure where to start or what aspects of legal secretarial work are important.