About the course
Mr. Hawkins will provide tools, introduce techniques, and discuss strategies to help you take performance to the next level. In this workshop participants will examine the latest techniques in coaching designed to improve performance, change behavior, increase engagement, support development, and build teamwork.
Time Allocation - Topics
- 15% The Success Delusion – why people resist change
- Four key beliefs of successful people
- Learning what to do and what to avoid
- 20% Coaching for Development
- Encouraging feedback
- Importance of follow up
- 15% Encouraging Developmental Suggestions (class exercise)
- Feedforward instead of feedback
- Application back on the job
- 20% Coaching for Behavior Change
- When this process works -- when it won't
- Mini-survey to track results for measurable results
- 10% Coaching (seasoned veterans) for Engagement
- 6 Question technique
- Challenging new ways to learn
- 15% Teambuilding without Time Wasting
- Targeting team issues and individual issues
- Involving every member of the team
- 5% Determining -- What is Most Important
- Personal goals
- Professional development
- Primary -- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Adaptability, Communication, Developmental Perspective, Empathy, Interpersonal Relations, Judgment, Motivation
- Secondary -- EXECUTING/CONTROLLING/EVALUATING: Decision Making, Use of Authority, Delegation, Direction, Coordination, Guidance, Discipline, Follow Up
- Tertiary -- PLANNING/ORGANIZING: Problem Identification, Analysis, Evaluating Alternative Solutions, Developing Specific Plans, Generate and Obtain Plan Support
Mr. Bill Hawkins is an expert in leadership effectiveness. In association with Marshall Goldsmith Partners he has worked with over twenty Fortune 500 companies in seventeen countries. Mr. Hawkins began his career working for a division of Johnson & Johnson in sales, marketing, and product man...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.