Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This program is designed for:
- Those who are moving into a more strategic leadership roles with a greater scope of responsibility and influence
- Senior Executives and high performing business or operational managers who are working to achieve outcomes across multiple teams
- Commonwealth Government– SES Band 1 and EL 2s
- NSW Government – SES Director and Clerk 11/12
About the course
Lifting your leadership from operational to strategic
This program will empower your thinking and challenge you to accelerate your leadership career. It helps equip ambitious senior executives to shape the future state of their organisation and implement transformational change.
You’ll be able to reassess your skills and emotional intelligence as you take on broader accountability and challenges. You’ll be able to learn about yourself and recognise different drivers that motivates those around you.
- Learn from expert facilitators and industry experts
- Develop key competencies to accelerate your leadership career
- Real time peer feedback and meaningful project work
This tailored program will empower your thinking and challenge you to accelerate your leadership career. It will help understand the nature of influence, power and authority and how to apply strategies to influence others. Participants will build a repertoire of skills including engaging, inspiring, influencing, empowering and coaching others.
You will learn to:
- Communicate a strong vision and purpose, and work to engage others
- Use positivity and perspective to establish and maintain high performance
- Understand the perceptions and needs of consumers, clients and stakeholders in a complex system and influence these for sound long-term decisions
- Work constructively with group dynamics and manage the relationship between influence and authority
What you'll learn
Day 1: Influence
- Influence and change in the learning zone
- Narrative as a leading and influencing technique
- Influence through a coaching and facilitative approach
Day 2: Influencing others
- Finding the way in to another – 4MAT as an influencing model
- Getting buy-in and empowering others – curiosity, questioning vs telling, positive belief
- Individual organisational leadership challenge
Day 3: The relationship between power and influence
- Refining and communicating your personal vision
- Communicating with impact – skills and practice
- Leading a diverse workforce – learning how staff construct the world of work
- Shaping team and organisational culture
Day 4: Critical-thinking
- Making good decisions in a context of ambiguity and constant change
- Health and well-being for oneself and team
- Journaling and design of action plan
Roslyn has delivered thousands of hours of coaching and facilitation to CEOs, Senior Executives and middle managers in the public and not for profit sectors in Australia and the region. Areas of Expertise Facilitation services (incl. large scale 100+) Strategy and business planning, Executive, g...
Larry’s professional experience includes senior management roles across the public and private sectors in the fields of IT, marketing, public healthcare, academia, and management consulting. He is a registered clinical and organisational psychologist, an adjunct professor, and highly experienced ...
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.