The Emotionally Intelligent Leader – How Your EQ Determines Your Effectiveness & Success
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
About the course
Effective leaders take all forms and shapes. But characteristic of all of them is a high degree of what psychologists call emotional intelligence, the ability to use your emotions, feelings, moods - and those of others - as a source of information to help you navigate through life more effectively. There is now an abundance of research indicating that emotional intelligence is more important than technical skills, or traditional cognitive skills, in shaping our leadership effectiveness. Furthermore, there is mounting evidence that an organization's success is directly related to the emotional intelligence level of its leaders. As the business environment continues to change, emotional intelligence skills will become increasingly important in determining who succeeds and who fails. This presentation will help participants develop the emotional intelligence competencies required by a position of leadership. Participants will assess, develop, and apply their own emotional intelligence and will learn how to cultivate emotional intelligence in their organization.
Time Allocation - Topics
- 20% Emotional intelligence and the four functions of leadership
- 20% Assessing your emotional intelligence at work 20% Five competencies of the emotionally intelligent leader
- 20% Applying your emotional intelligence 20% Building the emotionally intelligent organization
- Primary -- LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: Adaptability, Communication, Creativeness, Developmental Perspective, Empathy, Initiative, Interpersonal Relations, Judgment, Motivation, Timing
- Secondary -- EXECUTING/CONTROLLING/EVALUATING: Decision Making, Use of Authority, Direction, Coordination, Guidance, Discipline
- Tertiary -- PLANNING/ORGANIZING: Problem Identification, Analysis, Evaluating Alternative Solutions
Dr. Hendrie Weisinger is a celebrated, influential, world renowned psychologist. A New York Times Bestselling author, he is a leading authority in the application of Emotional Intelligence, an expert in Anger management, and the originator of the highly regarded techniques of Criticism Training,...