Who should attend
Individuals with a minimum of 5 years on-the-job practical managerial experience. These may include supervisors, team leaders, as well as managers in middle and/or senior level positions
About the course
A leader is far more than a label - leadership is about taking actions to create sustained, positive transformations within an organization. Great leaders align their own values and vision with those of their business and help operationalize them for the future. The most meaningful way to demonstrate these skills is to passionately communicate your shared vision and practice what your company stands for. Leaders also cultivate committed employees who strive to lead as well.
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Examine the three stages of leadership development according to the ICTD research on successful leaders in the Middle East.
- Analyze the different paths to leadership success: from working hard to cultivating emotional intelligence competencies.
- Determine, through the ICTD research questionnaire, how leaders in the Middle East rank on different emotional intelligence competencies.
- Prepare an action plan highlighting their personal journey to leadership success.
- Link strategy with leadership and highlight the role leaders play in shaping the strategy of their organization.
- Differentiate between responsibility and accountability and use these two concepts for improving organizational effectiveness.
- Play an active role in the design and implementation of a fair performance management system to lead the organization towards better overall results.
- Boost the organization’s reputation and brand equity through the attraction of talent and retention of high performers.
The Research Study
- Methodology and Data Analysis
- The Questionnaire and Letter of Invitation
A Framework for Understanding Leadership Success
- Defining Success
- When, Where and How Leadership Starts
- Who Succeeds? Why Some Leaders Succeed More than Others
- Paths to Leadership Success
The Early Years of Potential Leaders
- Factors Influencing Careers and Success of Middle Eastern and Western Leaders
- The Ingredients for Success
Paths to Outstanding Leadership
- From Working Hard to Cultural Sensitivity
- Personal Development: Identifying One’s Strengths and Blindspots
Cultivating Emotional Intelligence
- Significance of Emotions
- Emotional Intelligence
- The Daniel Goleman Emotional Intelligence Competency Framework
- Rankings of EI Competencies by Successful Middle Eastern Leaders
- Leadership Styles of Emotionally Intelligent Leaders
- Decision-Making Styles
Culture and Leadership
- Significance of Culture
- How Successful Middle Eastern Leaders Perceive Western, Arab and Asian Expatriates: Most Admired and Disliked Characteristics
Action Planning (Based on Week One of the Program)
- My Journey to Leadership Success
- The Role of a Leader in Strategic Management
- When to Shape a Strategy and When to Revamp It
- The Main Components of an Effective Strategy
- Putting the Strategy to Work: Turning the Vision into Reality
- The Difference between Accountability and Responsibility
- Making the Top Team Accountable: Important Considerations for Leaders
- Accountability: The Importance of Transparency and Tangibles
Performance Management (PM)
- The Role of a Leader in Creating a PM Culture
- The Main Components of a "Fair" PM System
- The Use of KPIs for Tracking the Performance of the Organization
- Saving the Leader’s Time: How to Use Dashboards, Scorecards and Performance Indices
The Leader as a Recruiter of Talent
- The Role of a Leader in Recruiting Talent
- Interviews and Selecting Talent: What Leaders Should Focus On
- Measuring the Effectiveness of Recruitment and Selection: What KPIs Should a Leader Demand?
- Mitigating Turnover: When Should Leaders Intervene?
Action Planning (Based on Week Two of the Program)
- The Strategy Action Plan
- The KPI Action Plan
- The Recruitment and Selection Action Plan
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.