Who should attend
The course is ideal for people who are new to marketing communications and are looking for a concise overview, or those who have marcoms responsibilities as part of a wider role.
About the course
This course helps you explore the fundamentals of marketing communications and provides a context for the work you’re doing day to day. You’ll be given a grounding in core principles and examine different elements of the marcoms mix, including advertising, public relations and direct marketing. As well as covering the essential components of a brief, you will come away with suggestions on how to measure the effectiveness of your communications. The day concludes with a discussion of the latest trends and developments in the field and the prospects for the future.
- Put marketing communications in context and see its role in the wider marketing process
- Discover more about some of the key techniques used by marketers as part of communications campaigns
- Uncover the key elements of a successful marketing communications brief
- Consider some of the strengths and weaknesses of different methods of measuring effectiveness
- Examine the contributing factors in effective direct communication
- Look at new developments in the ever-changing digital, mobile and social landscape
Phil Woodford is a former advertising creative director and practising copywriter, who has a wealth of experience of working with clients across a range of sectors. He lectures at University of the Arts London and Sup de Pub – the advertising and marketing faculty of French business school Groupe...
Videos and materials
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.