Leadership Under Pressure
Leading effectively in unexpected and dynamic situations.
How do strong organizations become involved in disasters or bankruptcies, despite having managers with solid professional backgrounds?
The English language program “Leadership under Pressure” (LUP) draws on experience from the high-risk aviation industry to illustrate ways of proactively managing pressure, errors, and crises in complex organizations.
The program presents the best of ESMT Berlin thought leadership on error management.
- stay on top of volatile situations and introduce support strategies for mastering the dynamics of these situations
- learn conceptual frameworks for leading high-pressure situations that can disrupt organizational flows, processes, and employee interactions
- identify various mindsets and behaviors involved in making mistakes, whether they are made by individuals, a division or an organization
- solid network of global contacts
- Avoiding the blame game
- Maintaining control in dynamic and fluid situations
- Assessing different crisis stages
- Managing communication
- Driving decision-making processes in dynamic and high-workload situations
- Leading teams during crises
- Understanding the prerequisites for error management
- Overcoming potential obstacles
- Exercises in real flight simulators of Lufthansa Flight Training
Who should attend
All professionals, who have to deal with complex leadership situations, either because of the daily risks to a company’s production lines or the need to change organizational behavior when dealing with pressure, crises, and mistakes.
The program is limited to twenty participants.