Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with European School of Management and Technology.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Leading effectively in unexpected and dynamic situations.
In management we tend to focus on success stories. But based on what we read and hear each day, it may be more interesting to learn how strong organizations become involved in disasters or bankruptcies, despite having managers with solid professional backgrounds. As we all know, mistakes are unavoidable, especially under high pressure. Yet, in most organizations, it is rare for them to be thoroughly examined. An exception is the high-risk aviation industry, which focuses on preparing its members to solve life-threatening situations.
Leadership under Pressure program draws on this experience to illustrate ways of proactively managing unavoidable errors and therefore strengthening organizations for crisis situations. It shows how a diagnostic concept is the first step toward a modern working environment in which critical situations serve as learning opportunities.
- stay on top of volatile situations and introduce support strategies for mastering the dynamics of these situations
- learn conceptual frameworks for leading high-pressure situations that can disrupt organizational flows, processes, and employee interactions
- identify various mindsets and behaviors involved in making mistakes, whether they are made by individuals, a division or an organization
- solid network of global contacts
- Avoiding the blame game
- Maintaining control in dynamic and fluid situations
- Assessing different crisis stages
- Managing communication
- Driving decision-making processes in dynamic and high-workload situations
- Leading teams during crises
- Understanding the prerequisites for error management
- Overcoming potential obstacles
- Exercises in real flight simulators of Lufthansa Flight Training
Who should attend
All professionals, who have to deal with complex leadership situations, either because of the daily risks to a company’s production lines or the need to change organizational behavior when dealing with pressure, crises, and mistakes.
The program is limited to twenty participants.
Trust the experts
EDUCATION 1997 PhD in Communication Westfalische Wilhelms-University CURRENT APPOINTMENTS 2016 - Now Deputy Dean (Programmes) Lee Kong Chian School of Business, Singapore Management University 2016 - Now Area Coordinator of Corporate Communication Lee Kong Chian School of Business, S...
Jan Hagen is an associate professor at ESMT. Jan’s research and teaching focus is on leadership. He is particularly interested to understand how teams and organizations deal with errors. Apart from journal articles he published the book Confronting Mistakes – Lessons from the Aviation Industry wh...
ESMT - Error Management: The Missing Factor in Today's Organizations