Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
You are a senior finance / business executive seeking to refresh and broaden your understanding of the newest financial concepts and tools or to refine your already existing skills.
About the course
- Complete a strategic review of your financial capabilities and share best practices for immediate action
- Benchmark your financial skills & gain confidence as you apply new strategic tools
- Participate in a mergers and acquisitions simulation to improve your strategic thinking, decision making and problem solving in a competitive environment
Create more value for your company with the latest financial skills
Are you looking for ways to stay up-to-date with the latest economic and financial tools? Are you dealing with risk? Is your CEO expecting you and your team to increase shareholder value?
This strategic finance course shows you how to boost your company’s financial performance. You examine the most useful, recent financial concepts, review best-practices and make sense of current financial markets.
Gain confidence and skills in your financial decisions knowing you have covered all the perspectives.
A strategic finance course focused on value creation
Your program starts with pre-program reading to support your learning experience.
You will find solutions to the following typical challenges:
- How you can become a better business partner
- Your CEO is looking to you and your team to create "shareholder value"
- Choosing the best financial alternative for a large investment project
- Managing mergers and acquisitions
- Evaluating the risk of doing business in other countries
- You work for a family or private firm and want to know how much your company would sell for on the market
- Your competitors' shares are selling at a premium to your own
- Identifying and dealing with business risk
- You need to keep up-to-date with the impact of financial technology
Advance from theory to application
You will apply the ideas and concepts you learn directly to your own agenda. You will learn from real and relevant case studies, open sessions to discuss your issues, group exercises, videos and simulations.You will also benefit from the rich experiences of your classmates - a diverse group representing a broad range of nationalities and industries.
Salvatore Cantale is Professor of Finance at IMD. His major research and consulting interests are in value creation, valuation, and the way in which corporations structure liabilities and choose financing options. Additionally, he is interested in the relation between finance and leadership, and ...
Arturo Bris is Professor of Finance at IMD. Since January 2014 he is also leading the world-renowned IMD World Competitiveness Center. At IMD he directed the Advanced Strategic Management program from 2009-2014. He has directed programs for senior executives in several industries and continents....
Professor Cossin is the founder and director of the IMD Global Board Center, the originator of the Four Pillars of Board Effectiveness methodology and an advocate of Stewardship. He is the author and co-author of books such as Inspiring Stewardship, book chapters (such as Governance Risk: A Guide...
Dr Leleux is the Stephan Schmidheiny Professor of Entrepreneurship and Finance at IMD in Lausanne (Switzerland), where he was also director of the MBA program (2006-2008) and director of Research and Development (2004-2008). He is currently the co-Director of Foundations for Business Leadership (...
Karl's research focuses on quantitative methods in finance. He applies numerical solution techniques to complex economic and financial models shedding light on relevant market issues and industry problems. He has published numerous research articles in international academic journals such as Econ...
Videos and materials
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.