Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Financial analysts/managers
- strategic planning professionals
- corporate finance lawyers
- and market regulators
About the course
Overview of the major facets of the Mergers & Acquisitions industry and the skills engaged in executing transactions from the deal's inception to post-merger integration.
This course is a component of the M&A Professional Certificate
- Proficient knowledge of financial analysis
MODULE 1: MERGERS AND ACQUISITIONS OVERVIEW
- M&A market trends
- Why acquire?
- Key concepts
MODULE 2: KEY DRIVERS OF A SUCCESSFUL ACQUISITION
- What creates value in an acquisition?
- Why do some acquisitions fail?
- Academic research
- Can firms learn to acquire?
- Attractiveness of Target Companies
MODULE 3: ACQUISITION STRUCTURE
- Asset purchase
- Share purchase
- Acquisition accounting fundamentals
MODULE 4: SEQUENCE OF EVENTS
- Initial negotiations to closing
MODULE 5: DOCUMENTATION AND AGREEMENTS
- Confidentiality agreement
- Letter of intent
- Stock purchase agreement
- Asset purchase agreement
- Fairness opinion
MODULE 1: MANAGING FOR VALUE CREATION
- Key managerial success factors
- Merger planning - start at the top
MODULE 2: HOW DOES THE INTEGRATION PROCESS AFFECT VALUE CREATION?
- Pre merger planning
- Post merger planning
MODULE 3: VALUATION
- Appraisal Principles
- Valuation Methods
MODULE 4: FINANCING THE ACQUISITION
- Financing mix
- Methods of payment
MODULE 5: ANTI-TAKEOVER MECHANISMS
- Poison pills and other defensive measures
- Anti-trust Policies
*WHAT YOU'LL LEARN *
- Recognize the common motivations for acquisitions and the reasons many are unsuccessful.
- Identify the methods of structuring a business acquisition.
- Evaluate the intrinsic and relative valuation methods for target companies.
- Follow the sequence of events of a typical transaction.
- Examine the structure used in financing M&A transactions.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.