Who should attend
This Oxford seminar is relevant to anyone likely to have responsibility for the delivery of events for the organisation but new to the concepts and practicalities of this facet of communications.
- Staff tasked with event delivery
- Middle and senior managers tasked with the direct delivery of events or oversight of specialist sub-contractors
- Senior operational managers with responsibility for managing teams whose role includes event management
- Senior managers up to Board level with responsibility for the strategic use of events as part of the organisation’s PR and marketing strategy and their effective deployment
About the course
Take your events programme to the next level building your brand and reputation in line with corporate objectives. Getting the right mix of events with the right design values and consistent messaging to the right audiences is key. Courting the right guests at your social events builds influence plus, every event needs to be well planned and organised. Lack of attention to a critical detail could result in your event being talked about for all the wrong reasons with damage to your brand and reputation.
You will learn to:
- Select the right events for your purpose spreading risk across many events, so that success won’t depend on one event alone
- Build key messages and brand values with key stakeholders
- Build capability, a trusted suppliers list and infrastructure across events
- Plan a programme of events to support and deliver the corporate strategy
- Schedule and plan each event within budget and deadlines
- Manage VIPs and the media with confidence
- Analysing your Corporate Strategy and Plans to develop an Event Strategy
- Budget - Staff, Time, Materials Money
- Creating an Event Management Plan
- Venue Choice and Suitability Assessment
- Brand and its Expression in your Event Concept
- Sponsorship and Long-term Partnership / Alliances
- Event Promotion and Marketing
- Flawless and Consistent Contracting that omits No detail
- Managing Suppliers on Site
- Working with VIPs, their Diaries and Social Teams
- Hosting, Greeting, Farewell and Follow-up
- Evaluating Each Event’s Success
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.