Who should attend
Wedding Coordinators, Sports Personnel, Administrative Assistants, Project Officers or anyone wishing to hone their organizational skills when it comes to events planning.
About the course
This course brings together the theoretical and practical applications of event planning. Participants are required to plan, implement and conduct an analysis of an actual event. This course provides a synthesis of all planning, execution and post-event analysis. Such an event may be a benefit, arts and design industry event, entertainment event, trade show or an event in the fields of hospitality, marketing and advertising, or sports.
## Course Objectives
Upon completion of this event management training course, participants should be able to:
- Obtain a sense of responsibility for the multi disciplinary nature of conference and corporate function organization.
- Gain confidence and enjoyment from involvement in the dynamic industry of event management.
- Achieve best practice in the development and delivery of successful conference and corporate gatherings.
- Understand the key elements of a conference and the processes involved in format and venue selection, registration, catering, accommodation, transport, theming, security and entertainment.
- Understand management essentials such as developing budgets, critical paths, work breakdown structures, risk mitigation and contingency planning.
- Understand opportunities and challenges such as sponsorship, marketing, publicity and stakeholder management as they relate to conference and corporate event management.
## Course Outline
LOCATION AND LOGISTICS
- Format and venue selection
- Catering, accommodation, registration and transport variables
ACCOUNTABILITY AND RESOURCES
- Budget development
- Critical paths and work breakdown structures
- Risk mitigation and contingency plans
CREATING THE WOW FACTOR
- Invitations, collateral and gifts
- Theming and entertainment
- Security and VIP considerations
EFFECTIVE AUDIENCE COMMUNICATION
- Marketing and sponsors
- Publicity and media
- Stakeholder liaison and debrief
Videos and materials
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.