Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
If you’re a public servant executive or manager working in the Southwest, this program is for you. For more than 25 years, we’ve educated hundreds of elected officials, senior managers of local, state and tribal governments, municipal senior executives, leaders of public educational systems and nonprofit organization leaders. Our program provides insight into the issues facing public sector, law enforcement, emergency response and healthcare executives.
About the course
As the region’s longest-running leadership program, Eller Executive Education’s Southwest Leadership Program has united local, state and national leaders for five-day intensive experiences designed to inspire personal and professional growth for more than 25 years. Our expert instructors include professors from the Eller College of Management as well as professional experts from the private sector who have worked in the public sector for years. Together they leverage their expertise to deliver a dynamic and highly relevant curriculum.
What You’ll Learn
Our expert instructors include professors from the Eller College of Management as well as professional experts from the private sector who have worked in the public sector for years. Together they leverage their expertise to deliver a dynamic and highly relevant curriculum.
Sessions and Learning Objectives
Neuroscience of Leadership
Gain valuable insights on the most recent brain research Discover your leadership style to improve your performance, as well the performance of your team and organization Examine the ethical issues surrounding “nudging” in the public sector
Leadership in Groups
- Understand factors, from a leadership perspective, that contribute to team effectiveness
- Identify the tools available to influence others, inside and outside of the workplace
- Learn tactics for defending against unwanted and/or unethical influence attempts by others
- Learn how to get more of what you want from others
- Avoid the most common conflicts encountered in day-to-day life
- Establish win-win situations for your employees and employer
Negotiating for Government Leaders
- Effectively separate problems from people
- Learn to focus on positions, not interests
- Create mutual gain in negotiations in the public sector
Building a Thriving Organization
- Discover how to lead others through predictable stages
- Effectively leverage natural groups to build a high functioning organization
- Learn about the tribal leadership system
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.