Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
For senior-level managers, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in leading people and a desire to develop their leadership approach and personal effectiveness. Participants must already be comfortable with many tactical areas of leadership such as giving feedback, having difficult conversations and conducting performance reviews.
About the course
The Transformational Leader is a deeply personal program for managers who have already experienced the challenges of leadership and want to grow on a professional and personal level.
Through a series of stretching transformational experiences all taking place within a supportive environment, participants will start to embrace their next level of development. This innovative program is based on one of the latest Hult Ashridge leadership research and is run by the authors of the book Agile Leadership for Turbulent Times (Routledge, 2020).
The Transformational Leader takes participants on a journey beyond the traditional cognitive learning frame, including emotions and sensing as triggers for development. Participants will experience learning as a process of collective sense-making, in a safe environment. The program culminates in a reflective day immersed in the natural eco-system of the Ashridge forest.
Impact for participants:
At the end of this program, participants will be able to:
- Understand what has made them successful so far, what they believe is important and what they need to change
- Clarify their ambition and (re)discover their unique purpose in life
- Know and reframe their disempowering inner critic, beliefs, patterns and tempting ego traps
- Strengthen their personal resilience through greater self-awareness and self-care practices
- Learn how to work with organizations as complex, adaptive living systems and interdependent value chains, in order to unleash the potential in people
Impact for the organization:
- Senior leaders will develop their capacity to be agile and respond effectively ‘in the moment’ to emerging situations
- Participants will gain insight into their preferred leadership intelligence and how to effectively blend different approaches into their roles back in the workplace.
- Participants will return to work with the ability to shift some disempowering patterns, remain positive and as a result have an increased ability to innovate and experiment.
Colin Williams is an independent management educator, writer and facilitator. Adjunct Professor of Practice at Hult Ashridge Executive Education he focuses on leadership development, organizational change and multi-cultural working. He believes that individual development is most productive when...
Megan is Professor of Leadership and Dialogue at Ashridge where she speaks, researches, consults and supervises on the intersection of leadership, change, dialogue and mindfulness. She has presented her research to audiences throughout the world and is the author of Dialogue in Organizations; Dev...
Sharon teaches, researches and consults in Career/Competencies Architecture; HR Business Partnering; Leadership and Team development, particularly in Inter-Cultural Intelligence, Engagement, Polarity Management, Spiritual (SQ) Intelligence; Talent identification, Personal and Team Wellbeing. Bef...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.