Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
IT operations, technical, or IT management personnel requiring more information about ITIL best practices or anyone responsible for managing, implementing, or consulting on ITIL processes within IT or in conjunction with IT.
About the course
Deliver your IT projects and services on time, and on budget.
The moment your project and service go live is often the most important part of the project or service itself. A reliable Service Transition will give your IT organization reassurance once its time to go live. This seminar covers the overall concepts, processes, policies, and methods of the Service Transition phase of the Service Lifecycle. Using a scenario-based teaching approach, you will learn how to manage the activities and processes of Service Transition. After finishing the course, you will be well positioned to successfully complete the associated exam which will be offered on the last day of the course at 3:30 pm.
The main process focus areas of this course include:
- Change Management
- Service Release and Deployment Management
- Service Validation and Testing
- Service Asset and Configuration Management
- Knowledge Management
- Service Evaluation
Please note: The ITIL Foundation certification is required to take the exam at the end of class. Proof of certification must be provided no later than the first day of class.
What you will cover
- Importance of Service Management as a practice concept and Service Transition principals, purpose, and objectives
- How all processes in ITIL Service Transition interact with other Service Lifecycle Processes
- Subprocesses, activities, methods, and functions used in each of the ITIL Service Transition processes
- Roles and responsibilities within ITIL Service Transition and the activities and functions to achieve operational excellence
- How to measure ITIL Service Transition
- Technology and implementation considerations surrounding ITIL Service Transition
- Challenges, critical success factors, and risks associated with ITIL Service Transition
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.