Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
IT Managers or Practitioners involved in the strategy, design, implementation and ongoing delivery of business-used IT services. Individuals requiring an insight into Service Management best practice.
About the course
- The ITIL view of Service Management;
- The need to specify and align ITSM strategies with business objectives;
- Recognition services need to be managed to a lifecycle;
- A change in implementation approach from process-led to service lifecycle centric;
- Recognition of the important role of service requests;
- The introduction of new 'processes' in the form of request fulfillment, event and access management;
- Greater emphasis on the management of a service model, service portfolios and service offerings.
By the end of the course, you will have covered the following areas:
- The concept of Good Practice
- The concept of Service
- The concept of Service Management
- Define and distinguish between Functions, Roles and Processes
- The process model
- Characteristics of processes
- Service Management as a practice
- The concept of good practice
- The concept of a service & Service Management
- Define processes, roles and functions
The Service Lifecycle
- Understand the Service Lifecycle and its key concepts
- Understand the business value of the phases.
Key concepts and definitions
- Understanding the key terminology, the key concepts of Service Management, key principles and models.
- What is Service Strategy?
- Understand the goals & objectives of Service Strategy
- Understand the 4 main activities of Service Strategy
- Basic overview of value creation through services
- Overview 3 Service Strategy processes.
- Importance of people, processes, products & partners
- Understand the five major aspects of Service Design
- Understand the different sourcing approaches
- Overview of the 7 Service Design processes.
- Explain the Service V model
- Overview of Service Transition processes.
- IT Service versus technology components
- Quality of Service versus cost of service
- Reactive versus proactive
- Overview of the Service Transition processes
- Objectives of Continual Service Improvement
- The 7 step improvement process.
- The Service Desk; Technical Management
- Application Mgmt; IT Operations Mgmt.
- Process owner; Service Owner; RACI model in determining organizational structure.
Technology and Architecture
- Requirements for an integrated set of Service Management technology
- How Service automation assists with integrated processes.
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.