IT Service Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
- The ITIL view of Service Management;
- The need to specify and align ITSM strategies with business objectives;
- Recognition services need to be managed to a lifecycle;
- A change in implementation approach from process-led to service lifecycle centric;
- Recognition of the important role of service requests;
- The introduction of new 'processes' in the form of request fulfillment, event and access management;
- Greater emphasis on the management of a service model, service portfolios and service offerings.
By the end of the course, you will have covered the following areas:
- The concept of Good Practice
- The concept of Service
- The concept of Service Management
- Define and distinguish between Functions, Roles and Processes
- The process model
- Characteristics of processes
- Service Management as a practice
- The concept of good practice
- The concept of a service & Service Management
- Define processes, roles and functions
The Service Lifecycle
- Understand the Service Lifecycle and its key concepts
- Understand the business value of the phases.
Key concepts and definitions
- Understanding the key terminology, the key concepts of Service Management, key principles and models.
- What is Service Strategy?
- Understand the goals & objectives of Service Strategy
- Understand the 4 main activities of Service Strategy
- Basic overview of value creation through services
- Overview 3 Service Strategy processes.
- Importance of people, processes, products & partners
- Understand the five major aspects of Service Design
- Understand the different sourcing approaches
- Overview of the 7 Service Design processes.
- Explain the Service V model
- Overview of Service Transition processes.
- IT Service versus technology components
- Quality of Service versus cost of service
- Reactive versus proactive
- Overview of the Service Transition processes
- Objectives of Continual Service Improvement
- The 7 step improvement process.
- The Service Desk; Technical Management
- Application Mgmt; IT Operations Mgmt.
- Process owner; Service Owner; RACI model in determining organizational structure.
Technology and Architecture
- Requirements for an integrated set of Service Management technology
- How Service automation assists with integrated processes.
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
IT Managers or Practitioners involved in the strategy, design, implementation and ongoing delivery of business-used IT services. Individuals requiring an insight into Service Management best practice.