Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with American Management Association.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Become one of the first to earn this valuable industry certification!
Agile has made its way into the mainstream— it’s no longer a grassroots movement. Today, more companies are adopting this approach over a traditional waterfall methodology, and more are about to make the transition.
To stay relevant in the competitive, changing world of project management, it’s important that project management professionals demonstrate true leadership ability on today’s software projects.
The Project Management Institute’s Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification clearly illustrates to colleagues, organizations and potential employers that you’re a leader. This class not only prepares you to lead your next Agile project effort, but ensures that you’re prepared to pass the PMI-ACP certification exam.
How You Will Benefit
- Learn Agile principles and practices that transform team performance
- Coach high-performance teams who deliver results
- Discover techniques to more actively manage project scope and better ensure delivery of the best products possible
- Evaluate how new approaches to manage project scope, schedule, budget and quality are easily improved through effective Agile controls
- Combine best methods from multiple Agile methodologies
- Build trust with your team and customers through consistent cadence of “common sense” best practices
- Learn the most powerful metrics to ensure continuous improvement
- Avoid the pitfalls many teams fall into when adopting Agile practices
- Transition from a "Command and Control" leadership style to the more powerful "Servant Leadership" method of management
- React and respond to change quickly to seize competitive advantage
- Learn why studies have shown Agile teams are significantly happier with their work, and ensure this benefit for your own team
What You Will Cover
- Practice developing and participating in self-organized teams
- Create and communicate a Product Vision to ensure the delivery of true product value
- Learn to understand your customer and develop user roles and personas
- Initiate the requirements process by developing user stories and your product backlog
- Put together product themes from your user stories and establish a desired product roadmap
- Conduct story point estimating to determine effort needed for user stories to ultimately determine iteration(s) length
- Take into consideration assumed team velocity with story point estimates and user story priorities to come up with you release plan
- Engage the planning and execution of your iteration(s)
- Conduct retrospectives after each iteration
- Run a course retrospective to enable an individual plan of execution on how to conduct Agile in your environment
The International Consortium for Agile has worked with experts around the world to develop an education roadmap of training and certification for all specialties involved in Agile development. This course has been approved and earns all students the Certified ICAgile Professional designation upon completion of the course.
Who should attend
This course is designed for anyone who is considering the use of an Agile methodology for software development, including project managers, analysts, developers, programmers, testers, IT managers/directors, software engineers, software architects, software managers, testing managers, team leaders and customers.