Who should attend
- This MDP is suitable for sales professionals in the durable or industrial product business.
- Managers from service business, dealing with intangible form of products, especially from banks and IT companies would also find the programme relevant.
About the course
Business realities are more challenging today than ever before, with both buyers and sellers wanting to feel like they’ve won. Success in business determines how well an organisation can create and keep its customers in this highly competitive market. Therefore identifying prospects, understanding their needs, negotiating a win‐win deal, transacting and ensuring receivables are crucial activities that decides the competitive edge of any business firm. Managing extreme uncertainties of the market, punctuated by unfavorable payment terms, over-aggressive discounts, and unreasonable delivery dates and deadlines pose formidable challenges that may turn a great sale into a transaction that should have never taken place and vice versa. This intensive and practical MDP is designed to address these realities of today’s world of business through a better understanding of Selling techniques and Principled Negotiation.
The Programme will focus on developing and strengthening selling and negotiation skills while working to build a mutually beneficial deal. The Programme shall address issues that will enable participants to appreciate the increasing significance of professional skills in sales and negotiation to achieve desired sales results and reinforce customer relationship. By the end of this course participants will:
- Understand the importance of planning and preparation for successful sales negotiation including handling customers’ expectations and responses
- Learn simple yet effective tools and methods to engage and win over clients through persuasive and influencing skills
- Understand different styles of negotiating in selling effort (both for self and others), and
- Develop effective techniques for responding to a variety of sales negotiation challenges
- Understanding the selling process: From prospecting to closing the deal
- Understanding self and the other for better negotiation
- Negotiation styles: Assessment and feedback
- The Sales Negotiation Process
- Creating and Sharing Value through Sales Negotiation
- Persuasion and Influencing for success
- Pitfalls in Negotiation and how to respond
- Effective Communication for Sales Negotiation
Prof. Prashant Mishra is presently Dean (New Initiative and External Relations) and Professor in the marketing area at IIM Calcutta. He has been Chairperson of Post Graduate Programmes at IIMC during 2008 -2012 and has also been Chairperson of Marketing Area. In Executive education, Prof. Prashan...
Prof. Suren Sista is a member of the faculty of Marketing at the Indian Institute of Management Calcutta. He is a Fellow of the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore and holds a Post-Graduate in Marketing Communications from Mudra Institute of Communications Ahmedabad. He was the Dr. D C Pavat...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.