Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This course is intended for manufacturing engineers, maintenance engineers, pump, motor and compressor engineers, consultants and technicians.
About the course
This course brings you both a theoretical and practical understanding of unbalance and misalignment in rotating equipment. These two conditions account for the vast majority of problems with rotating equipment encountered in the real world.
Resonance and beat frequencies are detailed, along with sources and cures. Also covered are proper inspection procedures, single plan and dual plane methods of balancing rotating equipment, the three circle method of balancing slow speed fans, the advanced rim and face method of precision alignment, and the reverse indicator method of alignment.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to:
- Learn the ways in which vibration can be used to determine the operational integrity of rotating machinery.
- Gain a clear understanding of the relationships between various vibrational characteristics and the associated forces generated within the operating machinery when conditions of unbalance and misalignment are present.
- Find numerous examples and solutions to assist you in understanding the various concepts covered.
- Developing the Vibration Equations
### Day 2
- Beat Frequencies
- Vibration Due to Unbalance
### Day 3
- Field Balancing
- Single Plane Balancing Technique
- Misalignment of Machine Shafts
- Advanced Machine Alignment
- Reverse Indicator Alignment
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Videos and materials
Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.