This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
With an increasing focus on corporate governance in recent years, the role of the company secretary has evolved to become the central point for governance operations and strategic influence between the executive management and the board.
Whether you are newly appointed, or looking to improve your performance with fresh insight, this practical course will equip you with the essential knowledge and skill-set to fulfil your role successfully.
Gain a practical overview of the company secretary's duties and responsibilities and address changes to the company secretary's role in response to the 2006 Companies Act.
This course provides an in-depth introduction to the complexities of the role of the company secretary, checklists and draft documents are provided for use post-course.
By attending this course you will gain the knowledge and skills to:
- Appreciate to a greater extent, the role, responsibilities and key duties of the modern company secretary
- Understand your role in relation to the rest of the board and its activities
- Develop and implement best practice in corporate governance and better advise on legal obligations
- Understand the implications of the Companies Act 2006 and updates to the UK Corporate Governance Code
- Sensitively deal with issues surrounding the disclosure of interests, extraordinary contracts, changes to auditors and the appointment/removal of directors
Trust the experts
Business experience Paul is an experienced commercial law barrister and Chartered Director. Over the last ten years Paul has served as general counsel of the Business Link operation in London. During this time Paul has advised on a wide range of complex and politically sensitive commercial law i...