Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with American Management Association.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Be your most productive self with this course based on the teachings of FranklinCovey’s 5 Choices to Extraordinary Productivity.
By FranklinCovey—now available through AMA.
The Extraordinary Productivity: The 5 Choices That Drive Success course is based on ideas and practices accumulated over decades from the leaders of productivity. This FranklinCovey seminar provided by AMA will help you develop the necessary tools to maximize productivity in the workplace.
For most of us, the demands our careers sometimes place on our shoulders can be overwhelming. Combine this with the distractions caused by an unending influx of information, and our lives can become downright exhausting. If we don’t react to these stimuli with clear discernment, our ability to think clearly and make wise decisions about what’s important suffers—and the goals that matter most in our professional and personal lives get shortchanged, or worse, not accomplished at all.
This productivity seminar combines current neuroscience research with proven productivity principles to help you better manage your decisions, attention, and energy. You’ll learn how to apply a process—which incorporates the use of Microsoft Outlook®—to dramatically increase your ability to achieve life’s most important outcomes by consistently making choices that create extraordinary value for yourself and your organization. This solution not only produces a measurable increase in productivity but can also provide you with a renewed sense of engagement and accomplishment.
To maximize your learning in this course, bring your laptop for a more hands-on experience.
How you will benefit
- Apply the latest science on brain health to maximize your productivity in the workplace
- Utilize a language with others to ensure you’re aligned around “important and urgent”
- Recognize how to achieve true and consistent work-life balance
- Create a personalized, practical system for managing your high-impact goals
- Manage technology so it doesn’t manage you
What you will cover
Choice 1: Acting on the important instead of reacting to the urgent
- Discerning the important from the urgent or less important
- Teaching others the language and methodology of importance
Choice 2: Going for extraordinary instead of settling for ordinary
- Clarifying what extraordinary looks like in your current, most important roles
- Defining and executing measurable goals to achieve role outcomes
Choice 3: Scheduling the big rocks instead of sorting gravel
- Mastering weekly planning processes to identify, schedule and execute high-impact priorities
- Mastering daily planning processes to ensure attention, energy, and execution
Choice 4: Ruling your technology instead of letting it rule you
- Designing a personalized system to manage appointments, tasks, contacts, notes and documents
- Turning Outlook® into a productivity workflow engine
Choice 5: Fueling your fire instead of burning out
- Understanding the impact of brain health on day-to-day performance
- Using the 5 Energy Drivers to sustain energy throughout the day
Upon registration you will receive a link to an online benchmark 26-question assessment to see where you stand on key productivity behaviors. You will have the opportunity to take the benchmark again after applying what you learned.
ATTENDEES WILL RECEIVE
- Participant Guide
- Microsoft Outlook® Technical Guide
- The 5 Choices: a brief monograph with notebook
- Bonus Modules: three video-based mini-courses with toolkits
Who should attend
Business professionals at all levels looking for the tools to maximize productivity and achieve the extraordinary.