Presentation Skills for Finance Professionals
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with KPMG Executive Education.Full disclaimer.
In the world of finance and accounting, how you present information can be as important as what information you present.
This one-day seminar helps finance professionals successfully manage their presence, information and audience interaction when conveying complex data and concepts to both financial and nonfinancial audiences.
It provides organizational formats for sharing information as well as extensive practice on the key skills that enhance a professional’s impact when presenting. With both instructor briefings and small group practice, participants will learn to deliver information from PowerPoint when standing in front of a large group, and while seated at a meeting.
- Introduction to Presentation Skills
- Refining your executive presence
- Connecting with Your Audience
- Managing Your Physical Presence
- Using Visual Aids with Impact
- Developing Your Presentation
- Practicing Your Delivery
- Conducting Sit-Down Presentations
- Delivering a Complete Business Presentation
- Handling Questions & Answers
- Responding to Emotional Questions
- Controlling Interruptions
- Creating a Reinforcement Plan
Effective Presentation Skills for Finance Professionals
Build the skills you need to take your finance career to the next level!
Highly developed finance knowledge and accounting skills and Excel proficiency will only take you so far in your career as a finance professional; but in today’s highly competitive work place those talents will not by themselves be enough to get you in to the C-suite with the real decision makers. Experience shows time and time again that the most successful senior finance professionals only achieve their place at the boardroom table by being masters at interpreting, communicating and presenting financial information to senior colleagues in a way that they can understand.
This Oxford hands-on training course explains and practically demonstrates how to prepare for, plan and deliver financial presentations with real impact to internal and external audiences.
The course has been designed to provide delegates with a comprehensive set of skills and practical tools to interpret and effectively communicate and present financial information to senior non-financial managers.
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Produce clear insightful reports using Excel and Powerpoint
- Integrate financial and non-financial performance measures
- Understand audience needs when making financial presentations
- Apply effective communication methods to get your message across
- Make presentations with real impact to internal and external audiences
- Handle difficult questions and challenging people
- Tools and Techniques for Financial Analysis and Interpretation
- Integrating Key Financial and Non-Financial Measures
- Understanding the Needs of Non-Financial Audiences
- Principles of Effective Communication
- Preparing and Planning for Financial Presentations
- Avoiding Common Errors in Financial Presentations
- Tips and Best Practice using Excel and Powerpoint
- Making the most of Graphics in Excel and Powerpoint
- Designing Effective Reports in Excel
- Using Excel to Produce Eye-Catching Dashboards
- Practical Tips for Delivering Presentations with Impact
- Managing "Stage Nerves" before and during Presentations
- Handling Difficult Questions from the Audience
Who should attend
- Finance Directors and Chief Financial Officers
- Planning and Budgeting Managers
- Management Accountants
- Senior Finance Managers
- Tax Managers and Auditors